Homeowners Claim - ACV Roof Damage

Yep, I'm in Houston.
Yes it fell during a storm, but how could one say it wasn't lightening or natural decay that caused it to fall? The tree snapped at the base. As far as I could tell it didn't have full growth around the base any longer and it lost support enough on one side. One way or another it was going to come crashing down, storm or no storm.

This could be your saving grace.

I would file a claim against the neighbor's homeowners insurance. There's more to the process, but this is the direction I would be going with this loss.

----------

I'd say decay of the tree played a good role, although it probably wasn't apparent to the owners of the tree prior to the storm. If it had not come down in this storm it would have come down on it's own..

This tree needs to be examined by a professional.

Your argument should be along the lines of "neighbor neglected to remove a decaying tree, thus creating a hazard that ultimately damaged my property. Here is the bill for my damages.."

Not only is this spam on a two year old thread but:

NEVER hire a public adjuster. Think about it. Let's say it costs you $10,000 to fix your house. The public adjuster charges you 15% and you have a $500 deductible. You're left with $8000 to fix $10,000 worth of damage. Would you hire a public adjuster if you knew that ahead of time? Of course not. So, how does the public adjuster get you to hire him? He promises to get enough money from the insurance company to cover his commission and the deductible leaving you with $10,000. How does he do that? He inflates the damage estimate to $12,000. What's that called? INSURANCE FRAUD. You might think you don't care about that but, trust me, that kind of rip-off is reflected in your insurance rates.

Back