How Am I Supposed to Work

what do you mean pay my dues. i just want to sell somebody some car insurance. anyone can go to progressive.com and type their info in and have a policy. i spent 2 weeks in a classroom and passed a test but im not qualified to do that?

already read that and many different articles and threads here and all over the web. ive done a bunch of research and called and talked to many people at many different companies.. aggregators clusters alliances agencies you name it. i cannot find a place that will let a new agent quote and bind instantly ( or within 30m). simple as that, and i need that for my particular type of lead or my ass is out of business before i even started.

Looks like you failed to do your due diligence before getting licensed to see if your idea would work out of the gate.

----------

what do you mean pay my dues. i just want to sell somebody some car insurance. anyone can go to progressive.com and type their info in and have a policy. i spent 2 weeks in a classroom and passed a test but im not qualified to do that?

Your comparison... is so badly flawed. The fact that you can't see it speaks to your inexperience.

It's like comparing legal zoom to being an estate planning attorney (or even a paralegal who can prepare a living trust).

Just because you (as a consumer) can type in your info and have legal documents prepared "at your specific direction" doesn't mean that it's the same as you (as an agent) are ready to understand the liability YOU take on for giving advice as an agent.

with a captive friend i wrote maybe 150 personal auto policies while waiting on my agency. it was a piece of cake. a 10 year old can do it. im sure it will work if i just find someone who will trust me to bind a personal auto policy or will at least do it for me within 30 min. my hope was that somebody here knew a place that does that for new agents.

with a captive friend i wrote maybe 150 personal auto policies while waiting on my agency. it was a piece of cake. a 10 year old can do it. im sure it will work if i just find someone who will trust me to bind a personal auto policy or will at least do it for me within 30 min. my hope was that somebody here knew a place that does that for new agents.

Speaking of age, just how old are you?

already read that and many different articles and threads here and all over the web. ive done a bunch of research and called and talked to many people at many different companies.. aggregators clusters alliances agencies you name it. i cannot find a place that will let a new agent quote and bind instantly ( or within 30m). simple as that, and i need that for my particular type of lead or my ass is out of business before i even started.

You were out of business before you started.

i got my p&c license and i cant sell insurance. no company will give me an appointment. i can join some insurance noodle type place but they take hours at best to return a quote. i cant tell my customer to go play with himself for 2 or 3 hours while i get my **** together. thants not going to work. some places return a quote instantly but i cant bind so i have to submit it and then wait hours so thats the same thing and its not gonna work either. i heard of some places where both are instant (siaa) but those places require a book or some experience or both. i guess i could buy a book of business and then pay a ton to join siaa but i dont think i should have to go through all that just to sell some dumbass a personal auto policy. if anyone knows what im missing id appreciate any guidance. dont know of any other industry that makes it so hard to sell its products.

I think you need to work for an agency that focuses on non-standard auto..... You have a lot to learn and they will have the appointments you need.

Back