How Could A MLM Company Make Money With Insurance Products?

With the talk of a comp grid, 50% on that grid, and getting referrals from unlicensed agents for business because they have a financial incentive in the sale, the company your mentioning is either QS2 (Quantum Success Strategies), or is basing some of it's ideas on QS2.

I'd say good luck, but please know what you are getting into.

In theory, the idea of non-licensed agents just giving away appointments to you, from people they know sounds great, but there is more than meets the eye.

#1 Many of these 'unlicensed agents' at least where I was, are going to be in other MLM's, which is just to say that you might not be getting their full attention on bringing you in customers.

I have personal experience here as a friend convinced me to join the aforementioned QS2, and what I can tell you is that they did not deliver on promises at all.

The commission level they start you at sucks at 50% which they keep you at unless you recruit. (I know it's even worse at other MLM like Primerica) My buddy who recommended the move to me was not paid a stipend like was promised, and the agents generally don't know what they were doing, and were not at all experienced. I guess if we were smarter, we would never have joined. (To give you an example of this, they're was actually an e-mail from upper management down to agents, that the biggest issue in terms of pending business not going through, was agents who submitted applications without collecting a initial premium!)

When applications did go through, there were almost always major delays on getting paid.

Really upset I wasted any time with this company, but you live and learn. You don't need to be a rocket scientist, but a certain expertise is needed to sell Insurance, and it just doesn't work for MLM, where the emphasis is to recruit any and everyone breathing under the sun.

I'm gonna let you guys in on a little secret since everyone seems to be thinking like a traditional MLM which I told you, this was not and then I'm gonna let it go because I already figured out how to do it (I think).

We aren't charging more for things which you would pay for anywhere else. Take for example these "juice company MLMs". They charge $30 bucks for a bottle of juice you take once a month. If you could go to the store and buy that SAME bottle of juice, it would probably cost $10.

However, as most of you have indicated, you need to feed the comp grid. Which you fail to realize is that most comp grids are geared to make the folks who get in early ALL THE MONEY.

This company takes that same bottle of juice and sells it for $10 just like the store. Hell it only took $5 to make it.

But lets get back to insurance. Why would anyone buy a life insurance policy from an mlm for more than what they could somewhere else. The answer is they wouldn't unless they are an *** or they have been promised they will make all this money one day soon (typical mlm BS).

Anyway, I'm talking about selling that same term policy for whatever the insurance company quotes it for. However, the consumer or associate (who buys the term plan) makes money/gets a discount/percentage goes into comp plan (otherwise known as an overall matrix).

How many people can say they bought some kind of insurance policy for what everyone else can only they made mopney from it somehow either through a matrix system (again comp plan) or discount or even money back directly deposited into their back office.

How many insurance agents do you think would be lined up to work at 50% comp for certain customers knowing they didn't have to do a darn thing to make that sell (known as prospecting). I know I would have no problem.

So there are many ways to get the revenue into the comp plan just like there is more than one way to skin a cat. Don't forget about the auto ship and the membership fee to be an independent distributor as well. With 50,000 associates at $65 per month auto ship (which includes back office, website and everything you need to open up shop and stay in business as an associate) that alone is $3,250,000.00 in revenue per month and that is just on the auto ship. We could put every other earned dollar (outside the auto ship) in the comp plan and associates would still make money.

I don't see too many flaws as of right now but I do see a lot of hurdles to jump over. Any feedback is welcomed. If this thing goes, I'll put an offer in the "offers section" for any agents who would be qualified to participate as they would be needed in every state. Right now I'm excited yet slightly discouraged because this would be no easy task.

Exactly. High margins + internal consumption is the magic formula and that is why most insurance products do not fit the bill. Term life with Primerica being an exception but their model is extremely flawed as well.

Primerica consumes term policies and investments internally, but they also charge ongoing fees for their online access program and marketing materials. These fees averaged out to approx $421 per rep last year.

There are other fees at the office level as well such as training materials and pay-to-attend seminars.

With a rep force in the 100,000 range, these fees add up to a large amount.

I believe NAA recruited agents to sell insurance or something. These independent associates have no desire to sell insurance. They would like to be compensated for products they buy/recommend and they already have a good line of them. Insurance products would be another nice add on.

it is already being done with mobile phones, vitamins, ID theft, coupon book, prescription drugs and a couple of other things. Did NAA offer all that too? :1tongue:

What you are saying sounds alot like rebating.

One MLM company I know does not make money out of insurance products, but through enrollment fees. This MLM happens to promote financial literacy, and utilize financial education to recruit prospects. Prospects need to pay a certain fee to join the MLM company, but they also must purchase the health coverage plan from a company that is affiliated with them.

I worked for Answer Financial, I would cringe when I would get the calls from Primerica reps because a lot of them treated us agents as sh... I bumped heads with a lot of them. I'll never forget the RVP who's call came through my line and had such a terrible attitude towards me, I was about to send him a text message and cuss him out because we were on a recorded line. I have no clue why they think that because they're in business for themselves, they have the right to treat people so bad and still reach RVP or above.

Anyway, the Primerica agent gets paid I think $50 for the referral and a lot of times they would call for a quote for themselves and use their agent code to get paid, if they wound up buying the policy.

I accidentally sent the answer, what I meant to say to the original poster was that maybe he can work some sort of referral business with the person who's going to introduce him to all these people. From my understanding, you can legally give out business cards of up to $100.

Isn't what's being described here just leads? Someone else finds the person to buy and sends them to the liscenced agent and the agent gives them money. Yeah rebating is illegal, hence the "lead" industry, which is effectively the same exact thing. Sell the lead for 200 bucks to them and for some reason the guy doesnt buy like they were supposed to send the 200 bucks back

I accidentally sent the answer, what I meant to say to the original poster was that maybe he can work some sort of referral business with the person who's going to introduce him to all these people. From my understanding, you can legally give out business cards of up to $100.
I’m pretty sure the OP dropped out of the biz many years ago. He send to be very active on here.

Back