how do I reduce bill

florida2001

Expert
hi, I got RX for lab work from the doctor.I went to quest diagnostics and they billed florida blue ( my insurance) $3400. Im responsible for 20% so thats means $680 for me. I cant afford to pay this amount of money. what can I do

thx

What kind of insurance do you have? You posted in the LTC forum. I don't believe FB writes LTC insurance and even if they do lab work isn't covered by LTC policies.

Was the lab in network? Did FB approve the charge? What kind of repricing shows on your EOB?

I Havent received any bill yet, but just logged in on Florida blue portal and I see under claims and statements
claims $3173 and under your cost $630
I have Florida blue blue select plan and quest diagnostics is in the network
under benefits and coverage I see under laboratory services in network members pay 20% after deductible.my deductible is $3250 and I have paid already $3204
so I don't understand.

call customer service and ask them, there could be a simple explanation, such as there may be other charges, you could be reading the information incorrectly, etc.

Last edited:
Wait until you get the mailed bill from Quest and then see if you have to dispute it. Looks like you are jumping the gun here. I frequently get blood work (Type II diabetic), our family plan has a 3-5000 per person deductible, and my final bills are usually less than 100.00

I have FL blue but it’s a grandfathered plan. Can you go to your claim on your Florida blue phone app? show this section that I attached

Attachments

• 0038A60C-CAA2-43DC-995F-3C02C779D0AE.png
    0038A60C-CAA2-43DC-995F-3C02C779D0AE.png
    143.2 KB · Views: 8
Looks like that’s what you owe. I’d still wait for an actual bill but you’ll probably see it. it is what it is

The bill has been repriced. It appears the $630 is what you owe towards your deductible but without more information that is just a WAG.

my deductible is $3250 and I have paid already $3204

You need to log back in and see how much of your deductible has been satisfied. Just because you have paid $3204 doesn't mean you have satisfied your deductible.

Claims denied don't count towards your deductible.

It is entirely possible you have paid bills you did not owe.

Last edited:
Back