How do i transfer my Life and Health insurance license from NJ to FL

I got a new offer in Florida as Health insurance agent , i want to transfer my NJ to Fl , do i need to retake the insurance exam .. and what are the procedures for switching the license from NJ to Florida .

Apply to Florida with your current license as a new resident. You might have a fingerprint requirement. Then set up New Jersey as a non-resident license if you plan to write business there

Thanks for your answer, I did go to Florida application , but when i get to the item that says if i have a license in another states , it asks for the cancellation of the current license , which is in my case NJ... for NJ , if i want to apply for non resident , they also want me to cancel the license and within 30 days i have to give them the new resident license .
I have no problem with that , but i read in Florida web site , that if i am transferring my license from NJ , i have to retake the exam ... I want to clarify this point .. do i need to take the exam or not in Florida , I tried to call the Florida dept ..but i got no luck .

I want to clarify this point .. do i need to take the exam or not in Florida , I tried to call the Florida[/QUOTE] I would contact NIPR and ask them. You might have to add Florida as a non-resident state and then switch it after you get there in order to avoid needing to take the test again. Under current conditions You probably have a better chance getting info from NIPR then any state agency. I took a 300 mile trip through Pennsylvania and Maryland yesterday and they don't man their tool booths. 'Drive straight through, we will mail you a bill' Corona has messed up everything

fed up said:

I took a 300 mile trip through Pennsylvania and Maryland yesterday and they don't man their tool booths

PA just stopping manning them within the past month or two. They were phasing them out through next year, but 'rona expedited it. A dying career, and 50 toll takers now out of work a year before schedule.

fed up said:

I took a 300 mile trip through Pennsylvania and Maryland yesterday and they don't man their tool booths

PA just stopping manning them within the past month or two. They were phasing them out through next year, but 'rona expedited it. A dying career, and 50 toll takers now out of work a year before schedule.
Florida has gone to unmanned booths.. They photo your tag and send you a bill for the toll.

Just curious what happened with this. Were you able to transfer your license?
Seems rather difficult to move from one state to another while keeping your residuals.

Back