How Do You Approach Some of these Borderline Standard/non-standard Cases?

If they're going to non standard carrier it IS because they're a bum. Bad credit, bad driving record, no prior ETC, accidents ETC. The exception is no prior which many standard carriers will write.

Let's not sugar coat it...non standard people are bums one way or another. If you can make money on non standard I'm ALL for it. But....a bum is a bum.

I would also add that they have zero loyalty when you think they would,, example. This guy had duplicate accidents showing on his clue report from his old carrier. Every quote he got was crazy high. I actually took all this time to clear up that problem and get him a decent rate. Then the guy gets laid off from his job. His policy cancels the day before he gets his unemployment check so my husband paid the bill for him and just told him to pay us back. Then last month he was here counting out pennies to pay and was short so I told him don't worry and paid the $4 for him. As he is leaving he says "I know I only have one more payment on this policy so I will let you know if I want to keep it or go with one of the other agents, I am waiting on state farm and allstate and farmers to get back to me with new quotes"

I go out of my way to help people and that was pretty messed up.:1mad:

I would also add that they have zero loyalty when you think they would,, example. This guy had duplicate accidents showing on his clue report from his old carrier. Every quote he got was crazy high. I actually took all this time to clear up that problem and get him a decent rate. Then the guy gets laid off from his job. His policy cancels the day before he gets his unemployment check so my husband paid the bill for him and just told him to pay us back. Then last month he was here counting out pennies to pay and was short so I told him don't worry and paid the $4 for him. As he is leaving he says "I know I only have one more payment on this policy so I will let you know if I want to keep it or go with one of the other agents, I am waiting on state farm and allstate and farmers to get back to me with new quotes"

I go out of my way to help people and that was pretty messed up.:1mad:

That's ridiculous ... complete scumbag bums. As bad as it sounds I've stopped going out of my way for people because because of situations like this. With non standard scum bag bums you'll start seeing the claims come through, the lies, the accusations that we didn't offer something or took something off without their permission, the lies about what they were told their price would go to, undisclosed driver claims, garaging address discrepancies etc.

Non standard business are 99% BUMS. If you don't realize this now you will eventually. Give it some time

I will say they tend to be bums at a higher rate than preferred customers are. But the good ones are there. Seems like a week or two ago you were going on about a raging *** who left you because you shopped a better price for him. There's good and bad in anything.

Maybe it's lack of experience or different carriers available in your state, but i wasnt aware of any standard carriers who write business with no prior.

Also I've learned, from other life experiences, never front money if you expect it back. Give it freely or not at all. If you get it back, that's a bonus.

Last edited:
Back