How do you find prospects with money?

If I had a tool in my box like dental without a waiting period and someone wanted to buy or get a quote I would ask the questions and fill out the application and submit. The second time they might need a new agent.

I mean, I appreciate what you're saying.

I'm more selective with my clients. However, what ultimately lead to my decision was the spidey sense he was going to cancel within a month or two after his claim went through.

That, alone is enough, to have me call it.

However, I never really got to present the product. (He's a prospect)

He would go on tangents about things like how much money he had, but he was on Medicaid for awhile. He has a health insurance agent that makes millions of dollars, but couldn't offer him a solution.

I'd try to reign him in and it would just backfire.

Just things that raised a lot of red flags for me.

I don't have to like every person that I work with, but I have to be able to say that I'd be able to work with him long term.

Based on this situation, it wasn't for me. I didn't really want his Medicare business.

Some people would write the business, and that's fine.

I didn't want the business in this case, and that's fine.

My dental plan is a group association plan. I personally do not sign up agents "under me." And receive no upline overrides or other compensation from an agent perspective.

If you're interested in learning more about it let me know in pm.

This is a rather two faced post. You don't seem to think dental insurance is a good purchase, apparently because one can't make a profit on it.

Your attitude about that is a bit like using Uber and then expecting the driver to pay you five bucks.

Now you fire a prospect because you think he is going to adopt your attitude towards dental insurance and you think his actions will look bad on your insurance record.

Kind of amusing.

LD, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about, and are using that ignorance to leverage accusations at Travis. Your Uber analogy shows that clearly. You are swimming in waters you don't understand, and want to play lifeguard, and this is why people get mad at you.

The first thing Travis described was a bad client. The second thing he described is what most of us would do.

I mean, I appreciate what you're saying.

I'm more selective with my clients. However, what ultimately lead to my decision was the spidey sense he was going to cancel within a month or two after his claim went through.

That, alone is enough, to have me call it.

However, I never really got to present the product. (He's a prospect)

He would go on tangents about things like how much money he had, but he was on Medicaid for awhile. He has a health insurance agent that makes millions of dollars, but couldn't offer him a solution.

I'd try to reign him in and it would just backfire.

Just things that raised a lot of red flags for me.

I don't have to like every person that I work with, but I have to be able to say that I'd be able to work with him long term.

Based on this situation, it wasn't for me. I didn't really want his Medicare business.

Some people would write the business, and that's fine.

I didn't want the business in this case, and that's fine.

My dental plan is a group association plan. I personally do not sign up agents "under me." And receive no upline overrides or other compensation from an agent perspective.

If you're interested in learning more about it let me know in pm.
Travis: Compare the Manhattan plan with the Medico and your association plan. When it comes to the Medico plan, MALIC blows it away. No waiting period for basic or preventive care. 12 month for major services only. $3000 max for $64,42 per month at age 67. They can use the full $3000 for vision or hearing if need be.. If Carington Network is used (optional) it can reduce the out of pocket cost to the insured. Cannot be cancelled as the Association plan can be.

Last edited:
Travis: Compare the Manhattan plan with the Medico and your association plan. When it comes to the Medico plan, MALIC blows it away. No waiting period for basic or preventive care. 12 month for major services only. $3000 max for $64,42 per month at age 67. They can use the full $3000 for vision or hearing if need be.. If Carington Network is used (optional) it can reduce the out of pocket cost to the insured. Cannot be cancelled as the Association plan can be.

Thanks, Louis. I'd love to review it. Do you have a marketing sheet I can check out?

Medico just came out with a new plan a week or so ago . Supposed to be very good . Has a roll over provision were you can roll your unused benefits to the next yr .

Here is an older comparison done in 2016.
Dropbox - CUL DVH Comparison Chart 4 15.pdf - Simplify your life

This is a current brochure. It explains the deductibles on the V&H a little better.
Dropbox - Dental Vision brochure.pdf - Simplify your life

Thank you!

Medico just came out with a new plan a week or so ago . Supposed to be very good . Has a roll over provision were you can roll your unused benefits to the next yr .

On my Medico site it's still the old plan, which is horrible.

I'll look into this too.

Medico's plan has been the same for so long and it's not been worth it. I don't lead with dental, but I do want people to have a couple of good options.

My association plan has rollover and 3k benefit at $60ish a month, but no vision or hearing.

Thank you!

On my Medico site it's still the old plan, which is horrible.

I'll look into this too.

Medico's plan has been the same for so long and it's not been worth it. I don't lead with dental, but I do want people to have a couple of good options.

My association plan has rollover and 3k benefit at $60ish a month, but no vision or hearing.
But aren't there a long list of other benefits available through the association?

Was it you or someone else talking about Medicare paying for vision exams and treatment if there was a medical problem as one of the reasons for claiming a DVH plan wasn't a good buy? The MALICO plan pays in addition to anything and since there is immediate coverage for exams they use the money for anything they like even if the exam is done a month after purchase.

Based on this situation, it wasn't for me. I didn't really want his Medicare business

It's OK to walk away.

Some agents never learn this lesson.

I worked with a guy years ago that said to me "If a guy says no that makes me more determined to make him buy something from me".

I say, "Life is to short to engage in hand to hand combat to make a sale. Move on to the next one and fuggedaboutit".

It's OK to walk away.

Some agents never learn this lesson.

I worked with a guy years ago that said to me "If a guy says no that makes me more determined to make him buy something from me".

I say, "Life is to short to engage in hand to hand combat to make a sale. Move on to the next one and fuggedaboutit".
For some it is the hand to hand combat that makes life worth living. :yes:

Back