How Easy Is It To Get Appointed

I support people joining clusters, so don't take this the wrong way. Make sure you understand the cost of joining the cluster before you sign up.

The cost includes what happens if you leave the insurance business in a year or 2??? You could be stuck still paying thousands of dollars.

Now, you won't get a lot of preferred appointments without joining a cluster, so you'll need to do it, but the cost needs to be spelled out up front.

Dan

I support people joining clusters, so don't take this the wrong way. Make sure you understand the cost of joining the cluster before you sign up.

The cost includes what happens if you leave the insurance business in a year or 2??? You could be stuck still paying thousands of dollars.

Now, you won't get a lot of preferred appointments without joining a cluster, so you'll need to do it, but the cost needs to be spelled out up front.

Dan

Do you know of any P/C clusters that assist with leads like some fo the LIfe/Health clusters do?

Nope.

If you need assistance with leads, a P&C cluster may not be for you. Heck, P&C sales may not be for you.

Here is a few alternative ideas:
- Buy internet leads. Pricey, but if you are competitive and fast, you can turn a buck.
- Make friends at the local car dealerships. Get referrals.
- Make friends at the local realty offices. Get referrals.
- Make friends with some mortgage brokers. Get referrals.
- Join a BNI or LeTip group.
- Bowl on Friday nights. Let people know what you do.
- Rent an office from the busiest real estate broker in town. Meet the realtors.

Why give up commission for any of this?

Dan

Nope.

If you need assistance with leads, a P&C cluster may not be for you. Heck, P&C sales may not be for you.

Here is a few alternative ideas:
- Buy internet leads. Pricey, but if you are competitive and fast, you can turn a buck.
- Make friends at the local car dealerships. Get referrals.
- Make friends at the local realty offices. Get referrals.
- Make friends with some mortgage brokers. Get referrals.
- Join a BNI or LeTip group.
- Bowl on Friday nights. Let people know what you do.
- Rent an office from the busiest real estate broker in town. Meet the realtors.

Why give up commission for any of this?

Dan

I like the renting of an office from the busiest real estate broker in town. The other ideas I have thought of, but the real estate broker thing is a pretty nifty idea.

Are there any clusters that will give you rights to your book of business?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also, what would you say are the normal fees.

Last edited:
Are there any clusters that will give you rights to your book of business?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also, what would you say are the normal fees.

I am with SIAA and I own my book

Back