How long will MA pay for continous stay in hospital.?

Millwood

Guru
100+ Post Club
Ok MA experts how long will MA pay for continous stay in hospital.
I KNOW Original Medicare pays 90 days plus 60 days of lifetime reserve . I've seen this probably 10 times with my clients on OM with supp . Never a problem.
Now I'm trying to get the quick Cliff Notes for a sister-in-law on a MA.

Ok MA experts how long will MA pay for continous stay in hospital.
I KNOW Original Medicare pays 90 days plus 60 days of lifetime reserve . I've seen this probably 10 times with my clients on OM with supp . Never a problem.
Now I'm trying to get the quick Cliff Notes for a sister-in-law on a MA.
All MA plans have to offer the basic OM benefits. They can add to it but can't subtract.

Since you said OM is 90 + 60, there's your answer.

No such thing as a forever plan.

The one I use primarily states $350 per day, days 1-5; $0 per day, days 6-90.
You pay $0 for days 91 and beyond.
Our plan covers an unlimited number of days, subject to medical necessity.
I think all plans do the same... The only exception is if you end up in the hospital continuously from one year to the next ...in that case you would need to satisfy the first five or six days again..

MA plans are calendar year plans. My question would be the unlimited number of days. Everything in Medicare has a limit.

I'd need to see the fine print on that one.

All of our plans in FL say, days 1- X are $XX.XX, then $0 days 6-90, and then $0 days 90 and beyond.
That said, I had someone last year stay Oct 2 - Dec 28 in the hospital, then he paid his $75 total copay. His wife called and said he was heading to skilled nursing care. In March humana notified that he was deceased. :(

All of our plans in FL say, days 1- X are $XX.XX, then $0 days 6-90, and then $0 days 90 and beyond.
That said, I had someone last year stay Oct 2 - Dec 28 in the hospital, then he paid his $75 total copay. His wife called and said he was heading to skilled nursing care. In March humana notified that he was deceased. :(
Sorry to hear about your client.

No problem with any of this. I'm in agreement.

My questions is about the phrase 90 and beyond. You might want to research and question that. Odds of it happening is slim to none. But the risk is still there.

OM is very specific when it comes to Lifetime days. Why would MA plans be so vague?

Sorry to hear about your client.

No problem with any of this. I'm in agreement.

My questions is about the phrase 90 and beyond. You might want to research and question that. Odds of it happening is slim to none. But the risk is still there.

OM is very specific when it comes to Lifetime days. Why would MA plans be so vague?

Im not sure but they say they cover an unlimited amount of days.

Attachments

• IMG_3769.png
    IMG_3769.png
    169.3 KB · Views: 15
Back