How Many of You Actually Work or Have Worked with a Cluster?

k1ngtut

Expert
Just reading around obviously everyone wants to move on to their own appointments from carriers but I think this is the way that I am going to go.

Have any of you been with a certain cluster for a long time? What do you like/ don't like about it? (other than higher commissions)

Just reading around obviously everyone wants to move on to their own appointments from carriers but I think this is the way that I am going to go.

Have any of you been with a certain cluster for a long time? What do you like/ don't like about it? (other than higher commissions)

I was in the military for four years.

Sorry, could not help myself.

We've been with SIAA (they are the national arm) and I'm contracted under a regional cluster, for over a year. I was with another regional cluster before this and it was lousy (too many newbies).

Through the SIAA org you get the buying power of a large agency (i.e. website, AMS, rating system, etc) Also the recognition within the Carrier arena for the large group. Annual and semi-annual meetings helping keep us connected, giving us an opportunity share success.

Aside from that you enjoy awesome profit sharing and enhanced commissions.

I am assuming you are talking p&c since they don't really call it a cluster in life ?

I am in the process or working with one as I had mentioned. I have interviewed a few of them and they all have different perks and negatives.

Talk to them and see which one has the perks out weigh the negatives for your personal situation.

Always talk about the back out option, some clusters will help you get appointed directly with companies with certian stipulations, others make you wait 2 years after leaving before you can go direct with any company they represent.

I use Iroquois due to my agency setup. I have some major carriers direct but I have little ones that I need to use now and then but not enough to warrant a direct appointment and production.

I think you can set up an escape clause with them based on production. Didn't really look into it so I don't know for certain but it might be worth looking into.

Back