How Many Times Do You Call?

I am wondering about other's m. o.
How many times do you call a business before you stop call. I have one person that I have called on and off for 6 months. It always goes to voicemail. Should I take a hint and stop calling or be persistent ?
Where is the line between begging an being a prudent agent?

Re: How Many Times So You Call?

Depends on what the initial method of contact was, but I think 5 times is a good starting point.

Re: How Many Times So You Call?

I've been following up with business owners for up to 7 years at this point in my career. The timing to make a change or implement a strategy just hasn't been right, so we keep in contact with each other.

But I landed my largest client by calling and calling. Somehow, a lead was passed along to me by someone (I don't even remember who at this point). I called, and we spoke, and there was a bit of interest but we never scheduled a meeting. I called back every week for a good two years, until it happened that I went on vacation for two weeks.

I came back and was prepared to call him later that week, but I received a call on Wednesday of that week asking if we could meet. His first words were "I thought something had happened to you since I didn't hear from you. When can we get together?"

I told him that if I had known this was all it took, I would have gone on vacation a year earlier.

So don't stop calling if they're a good prospect for you. Find ways to be creative to get them to talk with you, but don't ever stop until they tell you to stop. You never know what can happen in the meantime.

Every time you call back on the one uninterested person, you are wasting time you could be calling on people that you haven t seen. Unless it s a potentially huge case that would enhance your yearly income significantly, I d move on and see other people. Every 6 months face to face and passive email/mail marketing to put your name in front of him is plenty

This is a tough one.

I usually give it about 6 months of calling every two weeks.

If they are not taking your call or calling you back that usually means they are not interested.

Now it could mean you are not top priority.

If you are prospecting legitimate business people they will eventually take your call.

Back