How to get a good deal on "Aripiprazole" generic abilify in 2018?

AOKING

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
This medication is still causing quite a problem for my mother and her part d plan. I can a rx estimator for 2018 and it looks like it still will be a tier 4 rx in 2018 and cost her between $3500-$4200 this year.

Anybody have a good strategy to deal with this? She takes 3 other meds that are all generics either tier 1 or 2 with about every plan.

Can you still do the old........Can I buy this med with cash and not my part d plan to avoid getting into the coverage gap?

Thanks,
AO

To my knowledge, yes, you can do the old trick. Might be easier to use a different pharmacy and just tell them you dont have insurance, but Im not encouraging dishonesty!

Have you tried SCBN prescription advocacy? Or a hardship program direct with the manufacturer? I know sometimes they say those with Medicare are not eligible, but sometimes that is not the case. I think they say that to weed out the people who really need help from those who do not.

Assuming you are looking at multiple pharmacies?
Look at goodrx.com and see if there is a less expensive cash price
I never, ever say look at Canada. Others might, but I never do. ;)

I just looked at goodrx and there is a WIDE price discrepancy between pharmacies. Start there.

Assuming you are looking at multiple pharmacies?
Look at goodrx.com and see if there is a less expensive cash price
I never, ever say look at Canada. Others might, but I never do. ;)

I just looked at goodrx and there is a WIDE price discrepancy between pharmacies. Start there.
Oh yeah, that's a great suggestion! My dad was just raving about them last week, he used good rx to get seizure medicine for his dog, and it allowed him to get it for half the ordinary price at walgreens!

I haven’t checked out the Drug on goodrx but on “Blink” an app on your phone. It’s $67

Attachments

• 4ABEE595-11CD-4316-90E2-BCA49E539495.png
    4ABEE595-11CD-4316-90E2-BCA49E539495.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 1
Back