How to Solicit the Senior Market?

moonlightandmargaritas said:
Well, I could have a picture of a dog, but I learned long ago that the only thing worse than bad -- is boring.

HEY!

My dog is not boring.

I’m new to the senior market. I have been reading a lot of posts of how to prospect and market to this segment. I know there is a huge amount of rules and regulations regarding this group and I’m a little confused (ok maybe a lot)!
Can you buy a T65 list and cold call?
Can you advertise and hold a Medicare Educational meeting without CMS approval?
Is there a good source for the do’s and don’ts?
Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

To your first question: You can, and many do. However, I can tell you, these people don't appreciate 10, 14, 25 calls from Insurance Agents asking them if they are aware of their options. I know this, because I am sitting in the room with them when they receive these calls, and roll their eyes. When they hang up on you, we then continue in our discussion with the Medicare and You 20XX book in front of us.

I want to, personally, thank all of you who buys these lists. It allows me time to go to the bathroom or get some more water.

Your second question: Yes. I go through the Medicare and You 20XX book during the educational "Meeting" (seminar is a word that forces you to get CMS involved). Since this book is a CMS approved document, I am not breaking any rules.

You need to call on the following professionals, and regularly let them know what is going on in the world of Medicare:
  • Elder Care Attorneys
    • Financial Planners, who don't want to touch this topic with their clients
      Your parents, aunts, uncles, local old farts you know

That is a short version of my answer. Time to watch the Braves game.

:cool:

Latest posts

Back