How to Start? Where to Start? And what Companies to Produce For? Help!

G

I have had my license for a year, and done nothing with it. I have a few questions and I hope someone can give me clear direct answers or information. Should I get direct appointments with life insurance companies or work through companies like Broker Alliance? What companies provide solid leads, there are alot of lead brokers out there, don't want to waste my money. I have a small office, and not set up for clients/customers coming in my office, I would like to sell online/phone term life insurance. Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Brandon
Texas

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had my license for a year, and done nothing with it. I have a few questions and I hope someone can give me clear direct answers or information. Should I get direct appointments with life insurance companies or work through companies like Broker Alliance? What companies provide solid leads, there are alot of lead brokers out there, don't want to waste my money. I have a small office, and not set up for clients/customers coming in my office, I would like to sell online/phone term life insurance. Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Brandon
Texas

Hi Brandon.
I'm biased, but I would suggest getting an upline instead of carrier direct. You'll probably make more per sale AND be able to access the leads you want through your upline. Many will offer you both of those pieces you are looking for.
If you need to get your own leads, I know hometown quotes gets a lot of good spoken about them.

Are you looking for at home work because of the office limitation? Most life agents would make appointments in the prospects home if that's a concern.

I would prefer to sell online and over the phone if at all possible. I have no clue what an upline is?

I would prefer to sell online and over the phone if at all possible. I have no clue what an upline is?

Brokers alliance is an upline. They receive a bonus each time you make a sale when you are one of their agents. Typically, they give a little to you (either in the form of leads, support, or just in a higher commission structure than what you get from a carrier) and they keep a little for themselves.

----------

Online and phone sales is certainly possible. Thats how my agency has always worked. If you are willing to devote the time and energy to phone sales it can be incredibly lucrative.

Would you be wanting to start as a cold caller, or buying leads?

Back