How to You Bring Up CVLI to HNW Clients?

I have not utilized the FMM but I was coached to keep in mind that the middle market most of all is in need and want to speak with financial services professional. With that in mind can you sell a concept by simply first mapping out their current situation on paper and then redirect their money to best benefit them and in return will result in higher commissions. Jim Rohn said it best "You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want."

Every LEAP, Circle of Wealth, Missed Fortune users... all use variations of these kinds of methods. Those that truly master this... are at Top of the Table in production.

Yes, it works... but it's more important that YOU believe that it works and that your client sees that they will be in a better position because of it.

Found money management is about having a productive financial planning conversation. You don't "do found money management". You internalize and embody it. It's not a system that you think "I'll use FMM with this prospect... and a LEAP with that one." No, it's all about helping people do a better job and evaluating the choices that they have already made, and if you can help them make more informed and educated decisions.

Check out the testimonials. Mine is the one on top right now.

Insurance Pro Shop Success Stories, Testimonials & Reviews... Page 1

Thanks again. I signed up for the $25 a month deal a couple days ago and I have been reading their stuff while rocking my newborn at night. Have you put any of their prospecting methods into practice like the booklet marketing, sales letters, newsletters, cold calling, etc or know of anyone who has? A lot of people have ideas:idea: but never actually made money doing them. And I can't tell when their idea is proven if tried with enough discipline or if it is just them coming up with content. There are a lot of "idea" people on the internet but I have found that most of them are just trying to sell the agent, or get them to buy leads, or sign up with their IMO etc.

I think it was brought up on the Wayne Cotton thread the whole "just one more sell will pay for it" meme but their are a lot of those programs, software, whatevers floating out there.

It's all about your communication skills. The booklets and other stuff... I find it to be a bigger distraction.

One of the things I like about Wayne Cotton, is the ability to cut through all the "fluff" and get to the main ways to make money.

For prospecting and marketing, I focus on:

1. Cold calling - but I use a different scripting that I've developed for California and other places where it's easier to hang up and be rude to sales people. I'm pretty sure I've posted it on here before.

2. Obtaining Professional Introductions (I like Sandy Schussel's training on that - and it's inexpensive at only $37.) Sandy’s Books/Audio « Sales Training for Financial Advisors and Attorneys, Coaching for Coaches

3. Newsletters (via email) - I prefer using VerticalResponse's free email program to send them. Yes, I know that postal mail is better, but still has a cost. Maybe one day, but not today.

4. Workshops/Seminars - well, I'll do it one day. This is a way to help clients and prospects invite others to meet me, without committing to a one-on-one sales appointment. You get the power point presentations when you buy a system.

Booklets have always felt very "gimmicky" to me... not that I might not use them. The Booklets and Free Reports are advertised on their newsletters... but I'm not necessarily about to place ads to get people to call me for a booklet or free report. Maybe one day I'll try it - maybe in the pennysaver or something like that?

If you think about Wayne Cotton's "prestige introduction"... I may consider using the booklet AS the "prestige introduction" with a note from the referrer. Haven't decided to do that just yet.

Joint ventures... well, you can't really do that in California, so I haven't really dived into that marketing concept yet.

The biggest value for me was the fact-finding and mini-presentation & closings video training. Go there and start learning and absorbing that stuff. That's where the "meat" of everything is, and that is the experience you are able to deliver to the prospect. Check out those videos. You'll wish that Lew was your very first agency manager doing your first training! :)

DHK which of Sandy Schussel's works are you referring to? He has a few on his site you for the link you posted.

2. Obtaining Professional Introductions (I like Sandy Schussel's training on that - and it's inexpensive at only $37.)

Mastering Client Referrals - although the other one's aren't bad either.

You can either buy MCR on a USB flash drive for $59, or download it immediately for $37.

Thank you DHK. If you would enlighten me by sharing what book(s) you're reading now? If you be so kind and also was wondering what is your favorite book(s) in your personal library?

I have read, owned, and sold so many books and articles over my career... I can't recommend "just one". A sales library should be more like lays potato chips - you can't eat just one!

Since most of my own 'hang-ups' are in prospecting, I find that most of my books are focused in that area. Yet, because I'm analytical, none of these books really "hits it" for me. I do prospect, but I end up "fighting with my own mind" to make sure I get it done.

I finally read THIS article on LinkedIn TODAY (Entrepreneurs suck at relationships) and this paragraph really stood out to me:

Rational people think we’re crazy for the things we do and the things we believe. Rational people set rational goals for fear of disappointment. Not us. We’re irrational. There is no end in sight for us. We don’t retire. If we don’t hit our goal by next year, we keep trying up until the day we die.

So I'm going to practice being an irrational prospector! :) Ever notice that irrational people have all the confidence in the world? Why not adopt that for yourself for prospecting? That's probably going to be my 'motto' for 2015 - "Be the irrational prospector!"... instead of being the prudent, yet low performing rational prospector. I can rationalize myself out of doing anything. It's time for a mental change... and I've been searching for a different way to think... and now I've got it!

Not even Sid Walker could've put it in such clear terms for me! (www.sidwalker.com is a great resource for developing the prospecting mentality, just wasn't as clear as that paragraph above.)

I'll probably write my own book one day... but probably after speaking on the MDRT stage! lol!

I recently picked up some used American College textbooks off of Amazon. (A whole lot cheaper than enrolling in the actual courses.) I picked up McGill's Life Insurance and Techniques for Prospecting: Prospect or Perish. Both of these are older, but there really won't be much of anything new, except for social media.

Sometimes, I can get some good ideas from complimentary industries - such as the MLM industry. (Can't stand MLM itself, but sales training is sales training.) Tom "Big Al" Schreiter has created some great stuff, including the "One Minute Presentation". FortuneNow.com

As soon as you are a professional student (and doer) of this business, your library will continue to expand (and shrink when you don't want stuff anymore) and then even repurchase again.

The MDRT store also has some good stuff. I study John Savage and Ben Feldman. I've studied some Sandler Training stuff - including the "You can't learn to ride a bicycle at a seminar" book. I've also read the Nick Murray books on being the ultimate advisor and Becoming an Excellent Investment Advisor.

My library has been all over the place, but each has had its place towards my development.

Back