How Worthless are InsuranceQuotes.com HO/Auto Leads?

1reason

Super Genius
Wisconsin
I have a new agent onboarding and I signed up for the "cheap" InsuanceQutoes.com auto, renters, and mobile home leads for him to work. We have a sample size of about 20-30 so far with a ZERO, yes zero contact rate.

Not zero sales (well, actually of course zero there too), albeit zero contact. Well, to be totally accurate, we have contacted some people, albeit every single contact stated it was either the wrong number (ie call a number looking for "Bill" and another name answers, leading one to believe I didn't speak to the correct person and they simply aren't looking for coverage any longer).

Looking for a lead provider for my new agent that can provide "viable" leads he can actually work. Ie people who want to buy insurance

You don't ask for the person on the lead.

You call up and say something like "Would you like your insurance rates to go down instead of up."

You'll get a yes answer most of the time and that's your foot in the door.

Or say something else that elicits a "yes" answer.

Be creative.

Dumb Question, but have you sampled the leads yourself or just the new person?
I don't think it's a dumb question, albeit the new person is near me and I have heard the other end via either speaker phone or recordings.

This and other marketing I've witnessed makes it very suggestive that insurancequotes.com is presenting leads with zero actual value to the agent/agency.

That's one side of the equation, albeit the other side is it appears the company's default is to deny all initial return requests (even when we receive a notice to not contact the lead), and we must file a subsequent written email request to get a return.

The only leads from this company that have any value from my experience is the commercial leads, and then almost exclusively with hard to place E&S type of coverage (which my agency is fine with). Otherwise, we no longer purchase the PL leads.

I'm just amazed they stay in business unless the business model is to sell a few hundred dollars worth of leads to a new agent, and then move on to the next newbe agent that doesn't know any better. Or maybe the leads I received are simply the "trash" after being worked either internally or through other means and anything received is better than zero.

You don't ask for the person on the lead.

You call up and say something like "Would you like your insurance rates to go down instead of up."

You'll get a yes answer most of the time and that's your foot in the door.

Or say something else that elicits a "yes" answer.

Be creative.
You make a good point, albeit we could simply call people that are not on the do not call list and have the same results based on my experience. And without the lead cost and with a target for home value etc...

You signed up for the "cheap" leads, what did you expect? They have been sold to dozens of agents. You have exclusive leads in your own agency unless every client is a multipolicy household. Throw the Kid a bone and let him call and cross sell.

You signed up for the "cheap" leads, what did you expect? They have been sold to dozens of agents. You have exclusive leads in your own agency unless every client is a multipolicy household. Throw the Kid a bone and let him call and cross sell.
You may be right that I signed up for "cheap" leads, albeit it wasn't my intention to sign up for "worthless" leads.

What would you suggest for quality "non cheap" HO and/or Auto leads?

What would you suggest for quality "non cheap" HO and/or Auto leads?
Is this a trick question?

The best leads are the ones you geneate yourself! Everything, litterally every other type of lead on the planet is second to this. Find a great way to get clients to call you for your services and take very good care of them. Then get them to refer you to their friends, family, and business associates and the system perpetuates itself.

Is this a trick question?

The best leads are the ones you geneate yourself! Everything, litterally every other type of lead on the planet is second to this. Find a great way to get clients to call you for your services and take very good care of them. Then get them to refer you to their friends, family, and business associates and the system perpetuates itself.

While I would agree with you and that's my approach, I'm also seeking "leads" for newer agents just getting started. The point is, I want to buy quality leads to supplement my other marketing efforts. So no, it's not a trick question.

What area are you in? City or rural? What is the busiest "hangout" spot on Friday night? Any semi private golf courses nearby? What is your budget for the lead program since leads cost $X.00 per lead?
Try sponsoring a Happy Hour at the golf course or HOA clubhouse. You provide the few platters of food and advertise the event.

Back