How Would You Rather Pay for Your Website?

Cash up front or Monthly fee

• Cash up front

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Monthly fee

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Insurancetechhead

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Webdesign payments finance? Lease? or deal in cash?

How would you rather pay for site

Cash upfront: You get your site built, but support costs extra and things like CRM, marketing automation you must pay for & integrate yourself?

OR

Monthly Fee: You pay a monthly fee with no cash upfront have the crm and automation included and service is free?

What kind of questions would you have about both of these payment structures?

Webdesign payments finance? Lease? or deal in cash?

How would you rather pay for site

Cash upfront: You get your site built, but support costs extra and things like CRM, marketing automation you must pay for & integrate yourself?

OR

Monthly Fee: You pay a monthly fee with no cash upfront have the crm and automation included and service is free?

What kind of questions would you have about both of these payment structures?

You sure do love polls.
But I'll play along.
I'd rather pay after site is complete and satisfactory.

You sure do love polls.
But I'll play along.
I'd rather pay after site is complete and satisfactory.

Surprising you expect someone to do their job before you pay them and only pay them contingent on your own decision on their work.

I don't know of any developer stupid enough to take that deal, but I'm sure they exist.

Surprising you expect someone to do their job before you pay them and only pay them contingent on your own decision on their work.

I don't know of any developer stupid enough to take that deal, but I'm sure they exist.

I certainly wouldn't expect someone to, but we are playing the 'would you rather' game.
C'mon, you gotta follow the conversation.

Questions I would ask for Cash upfront:
1) How will the warranty work? If a bug is found then for how long it will be fixed as part of the whole deal.
2) How will the final product be delivered? Who will sign off on it?
3) What technology will be used for website? You would want to make sure that they use technology for which you will be able to find folks later to fix and enhance.

For Monthly fees:
1) How long will the work take to complete?
2) Discuss the milestones of the project.
3) How will any delays be handled?

I'd rather pay on the finished site, no maintenance fees. I see website designers look to acquire clients in order to "maintain" their website, but updating theme's and plugins do not in my opinion warrant a residual reoccuring monthly payment.

In other words, pay on the seed, not the harvest!

Back