How's the Tranisition to the Sr. Mkt Working Out for You?

It's looking good so far for supps:

Some AARP Medicare Policies Exempted From New Health Care Rate Rules - FoxNews.com

"The Department of Health and Human Services on Tuesday proposed a set of regulations to ensure that large insurance rate increases are "thoroughly reviewed" at either the state or federal level. The rules would exempt so-called Medigap policies -- supplemental insurance plans meant to fill gaps in Medicare coverage. And AARP, which endorsed the health care overhaul, sells these policies on behalf of a private insurer."

Read more: Some AARP Medicare Policies Exempted From New Health Care Rate Rules - FoxNews.com

We LOVE the senior market in our office. We pretty much dedicate Oct-Jan for open enrollment, and add throughout the year with referral business, not much advertising. We have one dedicated employee as the point person and my seniors love her! Plus the owner of the company has been in the senior market since the 1980s so is committed to it as well. Works for us but you gotta be patient and willing to spend some time on the phone. We don't do too much face to face except in circumstances where the client can't get out easily, or they want to come to us. We do biz with our established clients over through the mail because they prefer it that way and they trust us.

The only issue we have is if CMS screws up, hard to fix, but that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Plus the compliance is miserable. But that is just Part D and Advantage, PFFS. For some reason they treat it totally different than Med Sup business. If anyone knows why please tell me!

We LOVE the senior market in our office. We pretty much dedicate Oct-Jan for open enrollment, and add throughout the year with referral business, not much advertising. We have one dedicated employee as the point person and my seniors love her! Plus the owner of the company has been in the senior market since the 1980s so is committed to it as well. Works for us but you gotta be patient and willing to spend some time on the phone. We don't do too much face to face except in circumstances where the client can't get out easily, or they want to come to us. We do biz with our established clients over through the mail because they prefer it that way and they trust us.

The only issue we have is if CMS screws up, hard to fix, but that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Plus the compliance is miserable. But that is just Part D and Advantage, PFFS. For some reason they treat it totally different than Med Sup business. If anyone knows why please tell me!

That is why I don't mess with selling MA or PDP plans.

The reason Med Supps are treated differently, no CMS crap to put up with, is that Med Supps are not dealing with federal money the way MA's are.

You actually go out and see these folks?

I haven't met any of them and the closest one is an hour away. Got a few in border counties.

This is still new to me and building slowly but I am planning for a quicker time frame. Perhaps 18 months or so.

But then I don't have a $20k monthly nut like some of you guys.

I thought you are in Atlanta. Nearest senior an hour away----you must be in the boondocks, Bob.

Actually there are seniors nearby. Must be at least a dozen old fart homes within 5 miles of me. Can't go to Kroger on Wednesday without tripping over them in their Hoverchairs.

Just so happens that the folks I have written so far are all in the hinterlands.

Back