Hybrid Annuity

I couldn’t agree more on the assessment of Melberg. He's created a search term out of 'hybrid annuity' really as a marketing ploy. Anything that combines several benefits into one wrapper is a hybrid. Think swiss army knife. How good a saw is that?
Really, if you want a screwdriver and a saw, get a screwdriver and a saw. A little ninth blade on a pocket toy just isn’t going to do the job well, and neither is the knife blade.
The fixed index annuity with various income and LTC riders he offers appeal to the swiss army knife buyer, and his pitch is a 'one product fits all clients' approach.

Our industry can do much better!

I couldn’t agree more on the assessment of Melberg. He's created a search term out of 'hybrid annuity' really as a marketing ploy. Anything that combines several benefits into one wrapper is a hybrid. Think swiss army knife. How good a saw is that?
Really, if you want a screwdriver and a saw, get a screwdriver and a saw. A little ninth blade on a pocket toy just isn’t going to do the job well, and neither is the knife blade.
The fixed index annuity with various income and LTC riders he offers appeal to the swiss army knife buyer, and his pitch is a 'one product fits all clients' approach.

Our industry can do much better!

Agreed. Everytime I hear a client say hybrid I know where they have been. Since when are agents allowed to name an annuity something else. I'm coming out with "perfect" annuity.

Back