Hybrid Annuity

My two year dormant window closes at the end of December. I get antsy about it ever so often, but I'm letting it close.

Here's another example of FINRA / BD on crack... a friend of mine has been using a virtual office setup for 10 years. His physical office is at his home. his BD said that he can no longer use a virtual office business address since his files are at his home. He has to either use his home address as his published business address, set up a physical office, or drop his registration. His setup has been just fine for the last 10 years but all of a sudden it's no longer fine.

I have until January 2013 till my registration is dead. My last inspection was the first time I had operated as a branch, had always worked out of a branch before and so it was the first time someone other than my OSJ was inspecting me. I knew it was time to leave once he explained that my B/D SOPs carry the full weight of FINRA behind them....He said my B/D could require me to have pink stationary and even though there is no FINRA rule, FINRA would come down hard if I dared to use white stationary.

I sometimes wish I could still sell mutual funds in some of my nonqualified cases instead of referring them out but someone once told me that my production would pick up if I went all insurance over a split between the blue sky world of securities and the world of guarantees that fixed products provided and they have been proven right at leaston my production.

I have until January 2013 till my registration is dead. My last inspection was the first time I had operated as a branch, had always worked out of a branch before and so it was the first time someone other than my OSJ was inspecting me. I knew it was time to leave once he explained that my B/D SOPs carry the full weight of FINRA behind them....He said my B/D could require me to have pink stationary and even though there is no FINRA rule, FINRA would come down hard if I dared to use white stationary.

I sometimes wish I could still sell mutual funds in some of my nonqualified cases instead of referring them out but someone once told me that my production would pick up if I went all insurance over a split between the blue sky world of securities and the world of guarantees that fixed products provided and they have been proven right at leaston my production.
I agree. Wayne Cotton said "Diffusion takes you everywhere, but nowhere very far." I tell clients and prospects that there are plenty of advisor-types that can do many different things for you, but I specialize in helping you protect that part of your money that you just can't afford to lose.

An Fixed Index Annuity with or without a lifetime withdrawal rider isn't really a hybrid of an annuity its still just an annuity doing what annuities have always been designed to do which is create an income stream.

Allow me to rephrase. Mellberg is a safe place to put your money, if.
1. You have done due diligence and research on every index annuity available.
2. You are certain an index annuity is right for your scenario
3. You don't want to get your insurance license, it would be easier for a mellberg advisor to fax in the paperwork.

Back