I Got Hit While Driving My Friend's Car and I Don't Have Any Faul

Re: I Got Hit While Driving My Friend's Car and I Don't Have Any

First does he have full coverage, if he doesn't, gieco will do nothing. File against her insurance company. How much damage are we talking. Maybe she will pay out of her pocket. Do you have a foreign country, drivers license?

The driver is likely not an indicated driver on the policy, does Geico have to pay for the repair even if the car has collison coverage?

Usually they will, under what is called permissive user rules. There are policies that will not pay for anyone other than named drivers, but those are actually pretty rare.

There are a LOT of caveats with permissive driver usage though. Things like they can't live in the same household, can't be a regular user of the car, frequently coverages change, sometimes comp/collision won't apply, etc. To many variables to know for sure, but probably 90% of the time, its covered (unless living in same household.....)

Dan

There's something not right about this story. The people I have met from outside the US generally have horrific grammar and punctuation. Why isn't your friend helping you look into this?

My neighbors are from outside the US. They have better grammar and punctuation than I do, though they do speak a bit funny. They are from England after all....

You may need to meet more people from outside the US. Many have very good grammar. Others have people who proof their work.

Since I see this story frequently, I don't see anything 'not right' about it at all. For some reason, in Silicon Valley, this is a very common occurance, friends come over for a while, use their friends car while they went back home, and the occassional accident occurs. I've had more than 1 totalled car claim in almost this exact setup.

Dan

Back