I Got Paid Today and what a Shock!

Depends on the fee. Some are "in addition to" premium (which is why you aren't getting paid on that portion), others obviously are part of the premium collected.

Makes sense now, huh?

PCORI, for example "may not be paid with plan assets", but also "may be recovered from the participants through an increase in premiums", implying it's a separate fee in addition to premium, not paid from the "plan asset" of premium collected (like the line item of sales tax not being part of the price of a product).

They get paid more?
They get paid (something) even on cases they didn't write?

Not much else is different.

I actually got paid less on this month's commission statement than the last. A few customers were late, the others were policies where the subsidy covers 100% of premium and the gov. has not paid yet, so I didn't get paid.

I actually got paid less on this month's commission statement than the last. A few customers were late, the others were policies where the subsidy covers 100% of premium and the gov. has not paid yet, so I didn't get paid.

The government has not paid yet.....Wonder if there is a provision in the law protecting customers from having their policies lapse if the subsidies do not arrive in a timely manner, just how long is a carrier supposed to cover treatments if the vast majority or 100% of premium through government subsidies is not recieved.

Back