I messed up a Medicare enrollment

Agent 0

Expert
I messed up on a Medicare enrollment. I clicked on the wrong plan when enrolling my client and we hadn’t caught it until now and they no longer have any SEP.

I’m going to try to get an SEP by calling the company and telling them I put them on the wrong plan by mistake.

What could the consequences be for this? I selected the wrong MAPD. They had meant to be on a different MAPD with the same company.

Is this an E&O mistake that could come back to me or my agency? What should I do?

I messed up on a Medicare enrollment. I clicked on the wrong plan when enrolling my client and we hadn’t caught it until now and they no longer have any SEP.

I’m going to try to get an SEP by calling the company and telling them I put them on the wrong plan by mistake.

What could the consequences be for this? I selected the wrong MAPD. They had meant to be on a different MAPD with the same company.

Is this an E&O mistake that could come back to me or my agency? What should I do?

I mean, unless you really screwed someone up, probably not...

Start with the carrier... go from there

Ok, they just started having medical problems so they contacted me on it. They seemed very hot under the collar at first but after I tried and failed to get an SEP they seem alright now.

Calm down . The sep not used until it goes active may 1st . No need to call company . Rewrite correct plan using same sep . It will knock other app out
I "made the mistake" back in January.

The more that I thought about it though the client hadn't been right that it was my fault. I went back through emails and the plan I signed them up with was indeed the plan that they had told me to choose.

Seems like some of your clients will turn on you in a second and place the blame on you if you let them.

I'm just a young guy but has anyone else had a client accuse them falsely of giving them the wrong coverage? How do you handle that situation?

I just took them at their word and it made them want my head on a platter and I came to find out I wasn't even at fault.

Latest posts

Back