I read were Oscar and I think Molina will no longer be paying commissions?

Starting 4/1 . Oscar said they had too much business .. is this right ?

Yes, it is correct. No commissions for NEW business only, not existing.

They got too much biz in TX and FL, and can't keep up staffing levels due to labor shortage and other.

Disappointed as they are my go to provider due to excellent service, hence the stoppage to keep their high level of service.

Or, you can blame Biden for ARPA law that now gives tax credits to families making 200k, hence record enrollment.

Yes will that effect next open enrollment with Oscar ? Will CO’s like Ambetter see this as an opening and lower commissions next yr ? I always get nervous when the govt involved in aca and mapd and it’s basically free . Means commissions can be lowered or eliminated. That’s why I continue selling a lot of life ins .

Yes will that effect next open enrollment with Oscar ? Will CO’s like Ambetter see this as an opening and lower commissions next yr ? I always get nervous when the govt involved in aca and mapd and it’s basically free . Means commissions can be lowered or eliminated. That’s why I continue selling a lot of life ins .

If Oscar is getting too much biz, then other carriers are hungry for biz.

Aca market is growing, advantage market is growing, along with commissions, and 50% of enrollments are via agents. They ain't cutting us out.

Any govt law changes are always a risk in this biz, but all changes have made my biz increase, not decrease.

For 10 years on this forum, agents have always been scared that the sky was falling, hasn't happened yet

We’re basically selling a free or almost free product the govt’s subsidizing in both aca and mapd . I read 85% of insured paying $10 or less a month for aca . Let the subsidies fall big and we’ll see how many families will pay $700-$1000 for this . All this is a great gravy train for now . I’ll ride it till the wheels fall off . But I definitely don’t think it’s a business I’ll be able to pass down to my kids . The cost to the govt in both aca and mapd is sky rocketing .

We’re basically selling a free or almost free product the govt’s subsidizing in both aca and mapd . I read 85% of insured paying $10 or less a month for aca . Let the subsidies fall big and we’ll see how many families will pay $700-$1000 for this . All this is a great gravy train for now . I’ll ride it till the wheels fall off . But I definitely don’t think it’s a business I’ll be able to pass down to my kids . The cost to the govt in both aca and mapd is sky rocketing .

MAPD is skyrocketing in costs because of 'allowable billing practices' and a STRONG MEDICAL LOBBY.

LOTS of corruption in Medical Billing; new scams every year. The 'dollar' can't take much more~

MAPD is skyrocketing in costs because of 'allowable billing practices' and a STRONG MEDICAL LOBBY.

MAPD costs are indeed high, but OM is more problematic for them bc it forces them to act as the insurance company. At least with MA they can estimate the expenses.

MAPD costs are indeed high, but OM is more problematic for them bc it forces them to act as the insurance company. At least with MA they can estimate the expenses.

Hi AMG,

oK...You got me...
WHY would Orig.Medicare (om) be more problematic....?

?

Back