I Screwed Up - Rebating Customer

Wait a minute....this is the client you helped (gave them $, ---and balked about on the forum), when they went with another agent, and now you have them back?

...and now you made a mistake that cost them $180?

Why so much effort to keep this client?

?

Wait a minute....this is the client you helped (gave them $, ---and balked about on the forum), when they went with another agent, and now you have them back?

...and now you made a mistake that cost them $180?

Why so much effort to keep this client?

?

No these are two entirely separate people. The one in question is a brand new client

No these are two entirely separate people. The one in question is a brand new client

Gotcha.

Tough Spot to be in.

Quite Frankly, I don't see how an EO claim can be filed? They read the Dec. Page and signed. GRANTED, you screwed up, but it SOUNDS LIKE they got over-coverage ? ? ? ?

?

That was a person who ran into financial troubles and I personally helped them w/ their payments...then they left my agency a year later without giving me a chance to remarket them.

You really think the DOI is going to talk crap? I made a minor mistake that will cost them $180 over the next year (they signed up a month ago as a new client.) It's simply not right to allow them to incur a cost because I made a mistake. So what do I say? SORRY...SUCKS FOR YOU? No. I take ownership and make it right.

Buuuuuuuuuuuut ya it still crosses me mind. It's not like I was saying "oh hey switch your insurance and I'll give you $100"

We have all made mistakes like this before. It just happens.

I think the easier solution would be to make a payment to their policy.

They way they never see the money.

I would own the mistake like you have and inform the customer of the laws even if the law is "loose" in this scenario. If the client sees value they will accept the mistake and move on. Its $15 a month, and as the others said what about renewal time? Are you going to pay it again?

Own the mistake, inform the customer, say you are sorry and don't let it happen again. It is what it is.....

Isnt posting on this community considered public? So if you are admitting to something that may or may not be "illegal" or "not compliant" isnt writing it on this forum a means to a conviction?

^ya i'm prob goin to jail any day now. I have talked w/ DOI market conduct examiners before & believe me they wouldn't even waste their time on something like this. Lookup your states DOI market conduct enforcements and see what they're dealing w/.

This is not an official statement and one should consult with their state but I would assume if there was no track record of mistakes on any significant Percent of new business where a ""rebate took place"' you could prove to the state that indeed you are not a rebater in any sense of the word, but you do have a business practice of fixing mistakes that had financial repercussions to your clients and a consumer in the state. (.002% of the time we screw up and we make it right)

State says, "we think you rebate..." you say, "look, every 482 Policies we sell we make a mistake that hurts my client and I fixed the mistake so my clients don't carry the financial burden of my mistake. It was good for the consumer in the great state OF ____ to be protected from my mistake."

Not sure really on this.

I would sweat nuthin.

Point is, sounds like they got over coverage....so what's the big deal (like that doesn't happen everyday?).

Latest posts

Back