IAC Terminating All Non-resident Contracts in OR

GreenSky

Guru
5000 Post Club
Henderson, NV
Their reinsurer is Mutual of Omaha so that's a red flag right there. According to IAC they have written so much business MOO asked them to reduce their writing.

All agents regardless of profitability that are not OR residents are being termed so try to stem the flow of business. The "good" news for me is I still have a lot of sick people both there and in CA that would love a lower premium. With the birthday rule in both states I wonder what company deserves that kind of business.

So at least for me I've done exactly what the company asked. I've written lots of good business and as way to thank me pulled the plug in my 2nd most important state. I have until 12/20 to see how many people need coverage under the birthday rule. (BTW, GI in OR pays full commission by law).

They have already ceased new appointments in CA (as they had done in OR prior to the other shoe dropping) but said they have no plans on terming agents.

What's the line on when they term agents with non-resident licenses there as well. I say February 1.

Well that certainly not good to hear. Wonder if they will do the same in Missouri?

I used them for about 50 policies last yr and then stopped. Every month someone called to tell me they never got their policy. It was consistant and I even reported it to them.

The longer I do this job the more I've learnt cheaper is not always better. Why bother?

I used them for about 50 policies last yr and then stopped. Every month someone called to tell me they never got their policy. It was consistant and I even reported it to them.

The longer I do this job the more I've learnt cheaper is not always better. Why bother?

Policies always mailed to me for delivery. Mostly by mail but that 's how you solidify your relationship.

Rick

Policies always mailed to me for delivery. Mostly by mail but that 's how you solidify your relationship.

That's when you call your client and tell them their policy is ready for pick up. "When can you come by to get it?".

Back