If you change plans with same company does the deductible start again?

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
I have been going through hell this year my son needs a surgery and has to go to children's hospital

Now I ended up signing up with the same company for HSA with same deductible and coinsurance as I do every year, Only it was a different network

I have been trying to get this covered and I have tried to get helathcare.gov to put me into the correct network

Originally I was told the deductible would not start over but network is not a valid reason to change plans

However after getting denied for network exception 2x I was told this was wrong to call healthcare.gov again

I was told this time it is valid but have to wait for approval However they are now saying that the deductible could restart

I have already almost paid the entire $1,350 out of pocket max, I cannot afford another 14K out of pocket

So if this is true I will stay in same plan and have to wait till next year for surgery no matter what

But others have said it will not start over

Deductible should not start over. Happens many times when primary spouse goes on to Medicare, and remaining aca spouse gets a new policy number at same company. You have to coordinate with the carrier on the back end to match up two policy numbers. Call the carrier, not the Marketplace

Deductible should not start over. Happens many times when primary spouse goes on to Medicare, and remaining aca spouse gets a new policy number at same company. You have to coordinate with the carrier on the back end to match up two policy numbers. Call the carrier, not the Marketplace

The carrier cant do the plan change but refers to marketplace

Or do you mean just to ask the question call the carrier?

The carrier cant do the plan change but refers to marketplace

Or do you mean just to ask the question call the carrier?

Call the carrier and ask if claims will be coordinated between both policies. If yes, change the plan at the marketplace. Get it in writing if possible from carrier.

Back