• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

I'll Take That...Thanks Humana...........

Woke up this morning and checked my checking account. Surprised to see a $1,000 commission check from Humana. Not new business...a bonus. Thanks Humana and Merry Christmas!:):):)

That means you wrote a nice amount of Humana . That’s the non taxable “ reimbursement “ of marketing money I’ve talked about .

What is your definition of reimbursement . . . and how does that fit in with the tax advice you are expounding?

It’s a way of saying here’s some money back on what you spent on marketing . Other CO’s pay the vendors directly and don’t tax you on what they write checks for.Their not 1099 ing me so I’m not claiming it . I’m not a Corp so I don’t count deposits only the 1099’s I get as income . If your a Corp you have to claim it and offset it somehow .

Woke up this morning and checked my checking account. Surprised to see a $1,000 commission check from Humana. Not new business...a bonus. Thanks Humana and Merry Christmas!:):):)

That means you wrote a nice amount of Humana . That’s the non taxable “ reimbursement “ of marketing money I’ve talked about .

It’s a way of saying here’s some money back on what you spent on marketing . Other CO’s pay the vendors directly and don’t tax you on what they write checks for.Their not 1099 ing me so I’m not claiming it . I’m not a Corp so I don’t count deposits only the 1099’s I get as income . If your a Corp you have to claim it and offset it somehow .

Your (DonP's) posts are confusing.

You are saying Humana is not going to 1099 a commission payment to an agent?

or

You are saying what OP says is a commission payment is not really a commission payment and Humana won't 1099 it?

or

????????????????????????????

The $1000 that showed up in the op’s account is not a commission payment . It’s a “ marketing reimbursement “ deposit .

Well, I hope your not also deducting those "expenses", in addition to receiving a tax free reimbursement. That would be "double dipping"

Lol . Of course not !!! Even though the irs would never know unless they audited your checking account .

Well, I hope your not also deducting those "expenses", in addition to receiving a tax free reimbursement. That would be "double dipping"

Expense reimbursement implies one actually has deductible expenses. Unless there is something special about this "free" money it SHOULD show a bookkeeping entry to offset the reimbursement . . . otherwise the full amount would be taxable.

I wonder how much the insurance guy who doesn't know the difference in there, their and they're charges for tax advice.

Back