Illinois Mutual

Okay, yeah, I don't know much about them, other than they sell WL and DI. So if the std nt rate is $150 for 62 yo female, that's competitive. Thanks.
No problem.

They have 2 plans (and life pay/continuous pay options for both, along w/ a single pay).

The one I quoted you has a 121 maturity, the other 95 (so has more cash accumulations, higher expected dividends, etc.) which would be 175ish.

No problem.

They have 2 plans (and life pay/continuous pay options for both, along w/ a single pay).

The one I quoted you has a 121 maturity, the other 95 (so has more cash accumulations, higher expected dividends, etc.) which would be 175ish.
Perhaps there's more to Illinois Mutual than meets the eye. What's their UW like? Do they have an up to date online app system in place?

@Tahoe Ray

Is the DI available in CA?
What do you think? At least it's not NY.

They do have some CA products and my rep keeps telling me "coming soon".

As someone who sold products in NY for over a decade, that's somewhere between next month and never.

I would LOVE to have someone besides Assurity (and they're solid, don't get me wrong) to write blue/grey collar folks for DI in CA since MOO went all Gucci on us.

Last edited:
Perhaps there's more to Illinois Mutual than meets the eye. What's their UW like? Do they have an up to date online app system in place?
I write a few a month and it is all eApp. Super easy and you can choose to submit part 2 via your own interview or let them do it. FWIW I'm 100% DI and I know there are different teams for different products but mine is awesome.

I would say underwriting is fair for the most part. I just placed a woman (hairdresser) that had carpal tunnel in 2013 with no complications and it wasn't excluded. I was shocked by that b/c pre-x (even resolved) in DI-land is almost always excluded.

They have decent comp for DI but my life contract is light. Maybe I could negotiate more on the life side but that's not my business so I don't care b/c I have one of their highest DI contracts.

You can communicate with an underwriter directly, you have an internal rep, and they are great with follow-up.

Also, they are great with service. They copy us (agents) in on almost everything and you'll get both calls and emails if something is going sideways.

Frankly, I can't say enough good things about them. For a carrier, that is...

What do you think? At least it's not NY.

They do have some CA products and my rep keeps telling me "coming soon".

As someone who sold products in NY for over a decade, that's somewhere between next month and never.

I would LOVE to have someone besides Assurity (and they're solid, don't get me wrong) to write blue/grey collar folks for DI in CA since MOO went all Gucci on us.

:D

Back