I'm Joining Merrell Insurance Group

I presume we can look forward to at least as many status updates about how it's been going as we've been getting from your search progress?

It'd be nice if more agents came back and shared their experiences.

Josh I will certainly do that. I'm submitting my contract today and they say it can take up to 5-10 days to get appointed and my Agent #. I feeel good.:cool:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I got my popcorn ready...Can't wait to follow your successful career Mah! Best of Luck!

Thank you Matt! I will definitely keep you guys posted. I'm more informed and wiser from the lessons I learned.

Last edited:
These are the most entertaining posts since Scorpio was sending his missives to the San Francisco Pigs.

Shannon Daveys group. You will get good training and hopefully it works out for you.

You know them! Oh wow. I knew someone at the forum would know who they are. They say they have someone here in Los Angeles, I can shadow:D which I don't need to do. I got this.:cool:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Can't wait when she wants to leave and finds out about the release policy.

Rick

LOOL Rick. Are you serious! I'm getting the broker deal though lol. Okay...stop being silly and be serious! They say they have agent in LA I can shadow...I was like....ummm not really since that person could end up being Rick!:D I only follow the footsteps of the successful...like myself. I'm the best example I can be for me:biggrin:

Last edited:
Merrill sounds great. Who would argue with this from their website?

It is not a stretch for a new agent can make over $100,000 their first year. If you know what you are doing you can easily sell 10-15 policies a week, if not more! Each policy averages a commission of about $500 for the agent. Sometimes a lot more and sometimes less, but you can expect around $500.

Yep, it's the norm for agents to make over $100K their first year in business. Ridiculous! That means it would take 10 years to make the first million. New agents need to make $1,000,000 in the first 3 years.

Wait! Even more better! They have bible quotes in the heading for their website. Now I know they can be trusted.

Rick

It is not a stretch for a new agent can make over $100,000 their first year. If you know what you are doing you can easily sell 10-15 policies a week, if not more! Each policy averages a commission of about $500 for the agent. Sometimes a lot more and sometimes less, but you can expect around $500.

Yep, it's the norm for agents to make over $100K their first year in business. Ridiculous! That means it would take 10 years to make the first million. New agents need to make $1,000,000 in the first 3 years.

Wait! Even more better! They have bible quotes in the heading for their website. Now I know they can be trusted.

Rick

HAhahahaha...are you being sarcastic? Are you FE agent? :nah:

I'm being signed up as a broker at 110% and have access to 13 companies including Monumental, Americo, American Amicable, American Continental, Baltimore, United Home Life, Forester's, Life of the Southwest and Royal's Neighbors of America.
With apologies to Macklemore, "this is f*cking awesome!" The final expense prospects will appreciate your Versace shades no doubt...
;)

In my opinion and experience women make much better sales agents, particular in the insurance field. If I were an MGA, I would recruit nothing but dames.

Studies have noted that women break down barriers easier than men, make people feel more at ease, and are more *gasp* trustworthy than men when discussing financial matters and/or financial concepts and selling points.

With good energy, a solid knowledge base, and strong work ethic, I don't see why Mah here can't earn $100k first year. I've seen it.

I remember going to Las Vegas for an Annuity Sales convention, and some producers were being awarded for their production. I swear 7/10 people on that stage were women.

Rick

No worries Rick. "She's got this!"

In my opinion and experience women make much better sales agents, particular in the insurance field. If I were an MGA, I would recruit nothing but dames.

Studies have noted that women break down barriers easier than men, make people feel more at ease, and are more *gasp* trustworthy than men when discussing financial matters and/or financial concepts and selling points.

With good energy, a solid knowledge base, and strong work ethic, I don't see why Mah here can't earn $100k first year. I've seen it.

I remember going to Las Vegas for an Annuity Sales convention, and some producers were being awarded for their production. I swear 7/10 people on that stage were women.

And I got smooth lines ready to seal up the deals :D I got this!:D

Back