Immediate Cessation of In-Person Sales in the State of Pennsylvania

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania
United American Insurance Company [email protected] via elabs10.com
Fri, Apr 17, 2:35 PM

United American, selling Medicare Supplement insurance since Medicare began!

MEMO

To:
All General Agents
From: Ryan Sykes, Vice President, UA General Agency Division
Re: Immediate Cessation of In-Person Sales in the State of Pennsylvania

Effective immediately, the State of Pennsylvania has mandated that in-person sales cease. Please follow this link for more information on Governor Wolf’s order: https://www.media.pa.gov/Pages/Insurance-Details.aspx?newsid=423

For information on sales restrictions that may be required in other states, check your state websites for the most current information.

I wonder if this was sent to WV agents too, since they are also forbidden to do F2F sales, although I have a NR license there and didn't receive a memo.

This is old news... I wonder if they just found out, or if some agents got caught doing something naughty?

So what are the options to keeping making sales now? I'm just getting into the getting licensed but it seems the landscape is going to change for good. Is everyone just going to send post card mail to lists now, to get leads?

So what are the options to keeping making sales now? I'm just getting into the getting licensed but it seems the landscape is going to change for good. Is everyone just going to send post card mail to lists now, to get leads?

Woke up and world had changed... I've heard this my whole life, and my whole life the world has changed. This to shall pass.

Tough times are ahead, but for the agent who takes the mind set "I will", the world will open back up again. Search the forum here for options to F2F sales and study up. Learn more than one option. But it will be tough for awhile.

Rob Hoffman said:

This will blow over, sooner or later. To my knowledge, it's really only illegal to sell F2F right now in PA and WV. But with "shelter-in-place" in most of the country, a lot of agents are buying FB leads and calling.

or if some agents got caught doing something naughty?

I heard early in the week that the DOI is acting on its threat to revoke licenses of agents selling face to face. If the case I heard of is true (and I do not have a first hand account) an insurer turned the agent in when the applicant revealed during underwriting interview that the application was taken at a F@F meeting.

I too got that email from UA yesterday and I was wondering if they are just CYA in response to what may be an actual case of an agent losing his/her license for F2F sales.

I'm just getting into the getting licensed but it seems the landscape is going to change for good. Is everyone just going to send post card mail to lists now, to get leads?

Well direct mail has been working for about 170 years to develop life insurance leads, so why would we not continue to do so unless Trump lets the USPS die on the vine.

This will only be a permanent change if humans cease to live according to our nature. We are social and political creatures. God did not make us to live in cages - either of our own or other's making.

I fully expect to be running F2F appointments and F2F prospecting within minutes of the state of Pennsylvania lifting its ban on making a living.

Back