In Home Appointments VS in Office Appointments

That's where I do business. Does your doctor or attorney make house calls anymore?
Irrelevant question. How about, "if your doctor or attorney made house calls would you consider it unprofessional?" Not likely. You'd probably be impressed and brag to your friends that you have a doctor who makes house calls. If your friends were senior citizens on Medicare they'd want your doctor's phone number and he or she would be one popular doctor.

My preference is whatever best serves the client. They're welcome to come to me, and those close by sometimes do. Most of them are surprised and impressed when I offer to come to them and they take me up on the offer. I don't know if that is a factor in my extremely high persistency rate, but I'd like to think so.

I am a professional. I have an office. That's where I do business. Does your doctor or attorney make house calls anymore?
99% of my appointments are in my office unless I know and love that client and don't want them on the road.
Most people will figure out a way to get to you if they are serious about meeting with you.

Well aren't you special? What's it like up on your perch?

All of my clients have a telephone and know how it works. Most have email and, failing that, they have a mailbox.

They don't want a stranger in their home any more than I want to drive there.

Stop holding out. When are you going to release Bridges of Cobb County?

Insurance sales people and aluminum siding sales people were taught from the same pitch. There is nothing magic about in home sales, especially in this day and time when most folks (including seniors) are mobile and active.

The only thing I have bought in my home in the last 10 years was a new HVAC and gutters.

In both cases someone had to come out and measure to determine what I needed but I have bought plenty of items by internet (and sometimes by phone) and never had a stranger in my home.

I do mostly in home appointments, usually since it is easier to get the appointment. I prefer my office, since it saves me an enormous amount of travel time. My closing ratio is the same.

I do mostly in home appointments, usually since it is easier to get the appointment. I prefer my office, since it saves me an enormous amount of travel time. My closing ratio is the same.

I've done both as well and really don't notice a difference on the closing ratio. Most of my business these days is done online, over the phone and through the mail. When I do go on an appointment it's really not to make the sale, but to get the signatures. I'm not making the drive if I'm not almost certain it's a done deal. And when they live far away, I usually have no problem getting them to meet me halfway at some restaurant or Starbuck's.

Don't get me wrong, when I was new to the business I would drive almost anywhere just for the chance to meet with someone. I'm older and wiser now and do things much differently.

Suffice it to say, there are multiple methods that work and each person has to do what they feel works best for them.

Most individuals want to come to my office (my preference too!).
It's easier on me-I've got everything at hand including good internet service. I find most new medicare beneficiaries would rather come to the office.

Back