Indemnity Play with Preventive Care?!?!?!

That will work for 2014, but NOT 2015 tax year. Every carrier is required to send a 1095B to the IRS and the client showing proof of creditable coverage.

YAgents, thanks a million for this valuable information! I'm going to start adding 2015's 2% IndivResp Penalty-Tax to the STM Premium, and see if the STM makes financial sense, compared to the alternatives. (ie, A SEP)
ac

I make people respond to an email that says they understand that buying an STM policy will still result in the ACA penalty.

Cuz I'm sweet like that ;)

The dollars won't matter now unless they have an SEP. Its STM or nada.

I make people respond to an email that says they understand that buying an STM policy will still result in the ACA penalty.

Cuz I'm sweet like that ;)

The dollars won't matter now unless they have an SEP. Its STM or nada.

KGMom, generating a S.E.P. is just as easy as avoiding the I.R. penalty-tax. As this latest case before SCOTUS indicates, what something says isn't really what it is, unless it says it is.

Beating a dead horse, the financial risk of an STM policy is far greater than just the tax penalty.

KGMom, generating a S.E.P. is just as easy as avoiding the I.R. penalty-tax. As this latest case before SCOTUS indicates, what something says isn't really what it is, unless it says it is.

I had to have enough coffee to even GET that.

If its not a valid SEP, I'm not writing it. If hc.gov wants to, that's fine. I'm not.

And I work VERY hard to make sure I never hear the phrase "you didn't tell me that". And that includes people who pay the penalty due to an STM plan. I've already had 3 emails asking for a 1095 for their STM policy, because the accountants don't get it either.

Back