Indepedent vs. Captive prospecting?

Beleive me James, I'm active. I am finding some business, and I am expecting the beginning of the year to be especially good.

I liken myself to a coke vendor. It's as if I'm offering my coke to everyone I see, but many of them want a mello yello. From a business perspective, there is no reason why I shouldn't offer mellow yellow too. I realize that no one is holding my captive (pardon to pun). This is why I have begun to ask questions like this one, so that I may know EXACTLY what I'm getting into before I go that way. When I first came into the business, I did no blindly and very niave, which is why I started with UA. AG is a MUCH better spot for me, and I like the place. Problem is, after more experience I'm finding out that while the life side can be very profitable (and I would prefer to stay focused on this side of the business), I am still turning people away that want to talk to me about health.

Some other agents and I have requested to be allowed to get appointed with a couple of health companies on more than one occasion. Every time, they deny that reqeust. I'll have to look at it myself because who knows, maybe my manager just wants to keep us away from that so we HAVE to stay 100% focused on life to keep ourselves (and him) fed. More likely than not, though, I think those agents that you know with AG are just writing health business on the hush hush. I can't blame them, I had thought about that myself, but decided it wasn't worth it.
------------------------------------------------------------

But back to the original topic:

How much is it costing you guys to put together a nice looking brochure that talks about what you do? Do you use your home printer, or did you hire a printing company?

But back to the original topic:

How much is it costing you guys to put together a nice looking brochure that talks about what you do? Do you use your home printer, or did you hire a printing company?

Cost, let Office Depot do it for 2-3 cents apiece, don't spend money on things that will be toss. Companies should supply you with product specific brochures, even though the Health Carriers seem to be ultra stingy with handing them out.

Ps, well just go and get appointed with a few health carriers on the hush hush. If you produce for AG I really can't see them doing anything if you are producing!

Back