Independent Agent...Need Markets

bigal12

We are a new independent agency with prior experience in the business, that needs help with getting a personal lines market. At this time we have good book of Non-Emergency medical, and an ok commercial side.

Because we all have been in the business for while we have a book to bring over from our other companies. Currently most are with Erie, Grange or Utica.

Although we have the Utica market, we still need more options, most will not talk to us yet because of our size...which will be much larger once we get the market.

This is our current list of markets, carriers across the board...Appalachian, Bunker Hill, Comm Sec, McNeil, Tapco, Target, Progressive, Thomco, First Comp, Utica National, Willis, Z Programs, Bailey Specialty, Big I, United Marine and PMC.

Where should we go from here... There are four in my agency I have a truck back ground, one has a life and health (we have all of his markets) one has a personal back ground and the other is our CSR that can do anything.

We are a new independent agency with prior experience in the business, that needs help with getting a personal lines market. At this time we have good book of Non-Emergency medical, and an ok commercial side.

Because we all have been in the business for while we have a book to bring over from our other companies. Currently most are with Erie, Grange or Utica.

Although we have the Utica market, we still need more options, most will not talk to us yet because of our size...which will be much larger once we get the market.

This is our current list of markets, carriers across the board...Appalachian, Bunker Hill, Comm Sec, McNeil, Tapco, Target, Progressive, Thomco, First Comp, Utica National, Willis, Z Programs, Bailey Specialty, Big I, United Marine and PMC.

Where should we go from here... There are four in my agency I have a truck back ground, one has a life and health (we have all of his markets) one has a personal back ground and the other is our CSR that can do anything.

For Personal lines? You would be good to get Donegal and Safeco, they are pretty good in my area. Kemper isn't horrible either, depending on where in TN you are writing and the type of risk. Also look at Progressive/GMAC/Foremost for some of the weirdos in TN, too.

That's off the cuff, look at some agencies in TN that have a decent PL book and see what carriers they use on the DOI website.

Back