Independent Agents - Who’s your health insurance

I go through the company I contract with and use their "employee" health plan - I use Kaiser. It's not great, but it's a helluva lot better than it was 18 years ago when I had them last.

Health insurance is just a mess, which is weird because the last few presidents each said they were going to fix it.

I have Christian Healthcare Ministries. I’ve never had occasion to use them myself. But they took care of my wife’s cataract surgery a couple years ago with no trouble at all.

Previously we had been with another sharing ministry when she had a complete hysterectomy due to a rapidly growing, highly suspicious uterine tumor. The post-op biopsy showed no cancer (Praise the Lord!). But the resulting bills were in the many thousands of dollars. We had been through a financial meltdown just prior to this, so were completely broke and already in debt. We would have found ourselves much deeper in debt, and still digging out these many years later, if it hadn’t been for Samaritan Ministries.

The sharing ministries get some bad reviews by the health insurance agents on these forums, but my family’s experience with these two has been nothing but positive. They’ve always done exactly what they said they would do. I understand that in a catastrophic situation, actual health insurance might perform better with higher levels of coverage, but they also carry a price tag that can be prohibitive for many families.

You can do a self-funded plan if you have even one employee in some states. In others, it may be two (but you exclude the employee) but they'll let you hire your spouse.

It costs a decent amount for a family plan (1500-2000) but you get paid the commission and you get close to half of your premiums paid back if you don't have claims (outside of preventative stuff that's covered).

It worked out well for my family.

Maybe I can help. I specialize in non marketplace underwritten plans for healthy people. Generally, we save our customers 30-50% on their premiums and give them access to a PPO with UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus network.

Maybe I can help. I specialize in non marketplace underwritten plans for healthy people. Generally, we save our customers 30-50% on their premiums and give them access to a PPO with UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus network.
yea.....no agent is stupid enough to take out a limited benefit pos on his own family

Wow Again, You don't know what you don't know. The company has multiple plans. All of which are custom designed based on the needs of the client .

Back