Indicators You're Over AEP

G.Gordon

Guru
1000 Post Club
Missouri
You have a 6:30 apt with a prospect that has a 7pm apt with another office in the same building. At 6:40 you shut down the computer system, at 6:45 you pass the possible client on the stairs leaving the office and don't say a word.

We have 3 carriers in NC. UHC is most competitive in many of our 16 rating regions. So 0% is a no go. Still getting calls from client referrals I enrolled before the comp drop. Just tell them to call the marketplace. There are only a few regions in my state where I can make comp.

I do find these last minute enrollees tend to not stick long term and they complain about coverage not being free.

Now when asked if I do Obamacare now..."no, no I don't do that anymore. Cannot work for free anymore." Most understand.

I plan to take on any and every new ACA client, even at 0%, and cross sell them a dental plan so I can feed my family. You all don't know what you're missing, leaving the big bucks on the table.

It's my duty to help bring hope and change to everybody.

I plan to take on any and every new ACA client, even at 0%, and cross sell them a dental plan so I can feed my family. You all don't know what you're missing, leaving the big bucks on the table.

It's my duty to help bring hope and change to everybody.

Don't forget to sling a side order of "Pre-Paid Legal" with that dental.

Don't you want to feed your family the the "Top Raman" and not the knock off raman?

Hope and Chump Change!

Believe it!

Last edited:
You know it's slim pickings when the first question I ask (now) is their zip code.

ACA has made me discriminatory, the opposite intention of the law.

Zip code discrimination?..........a question for the next Dem debate.

#zipcodesmatter

You have a 6:30 apt with a prospect that has a 7pm apt with another office in the same building. At 6:40 you shut down the computer system, at 6:45 you pass the possible client on the stairs leaving the office and don't say a word.

You mean to tell us you're working past 4:00???

You're in Denial man!:D

You mean to tell us you're working past 4:00???

You're in Denial man!:D

I live two miles away. Went home for dinner and a beer, came back with computer system left on, waited and left. No more after hours this season. Can't get here by quitin time... tough, call the marketplace.

As mentioned above, last seasons late comers were less likely to stick to it.

You know it's slim pickings when the first question I ask (now) is their zip code. ACA has made me discriminatory, the opposite intention of the law. Zip code discrimination?..........a question for the next Dem debate. #zipcodesmatter

Now that's funny.

yeah, no more U65 appointments after 3:00 pm for me. Not sticking around just to be stood up, has happened too often for my liking this year.

UHC in my state is cutting commission for SEPs starting 2/1. I will still get paid for off exchange. I worry about sending my leads away, because 90% are from another client or referral source. What do you do then? Take one for the team? I do plan to tell my major referral sources that I will no longer be getting paid, but I don't want them to stop sending me clients either. Really crappy situation to be in.

Back