Individual Health for the Thirty and Thriving Crowd

People dropped from group will have to buy private coverage - it's a law! Don't you people know that people are going to obey the law?

The Gov't is your friend. They are sending you millions of new clients - and paying a substantial part of the premium to boot!

What's not to like??

x2..

GLOOM AND DOOMERS open your eyes. All PEOPLE WILL BE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE INSURANCE. Will all comply? Probably not ..BUT MORE WILL THAN NOT. If you aint prepared for the rush. Oh well.. nobody to blame but yourself.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Did you just pull that number out of your a**? Do you realize that the vast majority on an employer plan only have coverage because the employer is picking up part or most the tab?

That 40 million without coverage is only going to grow as premiums spiral out of control.

hey NUM NUTS you do realize that in 2014 EVERYONE will be required to have health insurance. employed or not it dont friggin matter.

Whats the no 1 reason the small group market exists?

PRE EXISTING CONDITIONS thats why.

Whats the no 1 reason people will jump ship from small group to individual?

PRE EXISTING CONDITIONS.

Oh if you dont know... pre x are out the window in 2014.:goofy:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Or leave the group for the exchange which will pay agents somewhere between zero and nothing.

But what we lose in commission we'll make up in volume.

Rick

so ..let me get this straight. You believe in 2014 everyone will purchase health insurance directly from the health exchange?

WRONG ANSWER

Thats like saying everyone right now only purchases DIRECT from BCBS. Geeze I wonder what E Health is gonna do. Just close shop I guess

Last edited:
Yes, haven't you heard the agents talking about gearing up for the "big volume" they're going to do.

They didn't do the "big" volume when the commissions were 20%+, but they are going to work their behinds off for 10%-.

If you don't think that's funny, you need to go back to school.

I work my ass of right now every day from 8 am till 7 pm and
cant stand the paperwork. Try to spend most of my time selling insurance but the paperword drives me crazy and I cant wait till we have single page GI apps for everyone.

I'm excited about the future. Why?

because people need agents like us to navigate thru the system. its too damn confusing otherwise

Keep dreaming. You will be absolutely amazed at how many people will be willing to go without health insurance. Rising premiums will only make the situation worse.

If you think people will buy health insurance because the law tells them too, try driving the speed limit the next time you are on the interstate. I wouldn't try it too long though, odds are you'll get run over if you don't do at least 10 over.

Or see how many people cheat at some level on their taxes.

1 in 5 drivers doesn't have auto insurance. Yet, every state requires it. Don't be surprised if one third to one half of those that do not receive health insurance from their employer also fail to buy it on the individual market.

Keep dreaming. You will be absolutely amazed at how many people will be willing to go without health insurance. Rising premiums will only make the situation worse.

If you think people will buy health insurance because the law tells them too, try driving the speed limit the next time you are on the interstate. I wouldn't try it too long though, odds are you'll get run over if you don't do at least 10 over.

Or see how many people cheat at some level on their taxes.

1 in 5 drivers doesn't have auto insurance. Yet, every state requires it. Don't be surprised if one third to one half of those that do not receive health insurance from their employer also fail to buy it on the individual market.

the IRS will be tracking everyone to make sure they purchase health insurance. they will fine you. Will it be enough of a fine? Dont know that yet. always gonna have people who want to beat the system. I'm looking at this as an opportunity to grab a ton of new customers.

Cheers

You might want to further research the fine. $95 isn't going to make anyone buy insurance. Additionally, Somarco has repeatedly pointed out, the IRS can only recoup the fine from a refund. If you fail to submit the fine and do not have a refund, they can not go after you.

So, you can expect a ton fewer customers, not more.

You might want to further research the fine. $95 isn't going to make anyone buy insurance. Additionally, Somarco has repeatedly pointed out, the IRS can only recoup the fine from a refund. If you fail to submit the fine and do not have a refund, they can not go after you.

So, you can expect a ton fewer customers, not more.

so I guess all of those small groups paying thru the nose for 1 employee with cancer will continue on with thier small group coverage. Sounds like a plan to me.

Come 2014 I'm still expecting a TON of new clients.

so I guess all of those small groups paying thru the nose for 1 employee with cancer will continue on with thier small group coverage. Sounds like a plan to me.

1. Why would that group of one buy from you, why not the guy they are currently buying from? Who does small group and doesn't do individual?

2. That person won't be buying insurance because of the fine, but because they have to have it.

1. Why would that group of one buy from you, why not the guy they are currently buying from? Who does small group and doesn't do individual?

2. That person won't be buying insurance because of the fine, but because they have to have it.

so group brokers understand the individual market huh? LOL
are they going to know every individual plan that will be available? I really doubt it... maybe a few

so small groups are gonna call thier current agent when the pre x goes out the window in 2014? I cant see that happening. My bet is they'll be shopping online

Back