Individual Health Insurance Plans

Pros:
Individual health insurance is portable and can never be cancelled as long as you pay your premiums on time.
Cons:
Certain conditions may not be insurable

Group plans:
Come one, come all. No waiting periods for maternity, etc. Cost is a factor and losing group coverage under the current system can be problematic for the unhealthy.

Pay premiums on time? I just had a health client get a letter from his insurance company saying his premiums were going from $546/mo to $1588/mo. The question is no longer if you pay it on time, but if you can pay it at all. I would hardly consider that a "pro" of individual health.

W

Individual health insurance is much cheaper than group health insurance.

I wouldn't say much cheaper, although you should always look to see what kind of premiums you would have to pay with individual health insurance. The loading charges are much lower for groups of individuals rather than one individual person, and you get experience rated as an individual which will lower your premium if you are in good health, but if you aren't then a community rated group plan will be cheaper.

There are plans for pre-existing conditions. People that can't quaifly for individual major medical. They limited indemity plans. They work great for Doctors visit and hospital confinement coeverage. There are also plans that will wave the 12 month pre-x waiting if you had creditable coverage in the last 63 days.

There are plans for pre-existing conditions. People that can't quaifly for individual major medical. They limited indemity plans. They work great for Doctors visit and hospital confinement coeverage. There are also plans that will wave the 12 month pre-x waiting if you had creditable coverage in the last 63 days.

get out of town......really.......

lol, please tell me more :goofy:

With regards to getting health insurance quotes online, remember that these are just current guidelines and prices may change anytime. If you see a good quote, complete your application form immediately as monthly premiums may increase the next day.*

Back