Individual Health Sales Plus

Ryan I don't mean to be a smart ass, but isn't this what a personal bank account with electronic funds withdrawl is for? Respectfully, who doesn't use or have a personal bank account with this as an option? What advantage is your bank for this? Seriously?

Ryan I don't mean to be a smart ass, but isn't this what a personal bank account with electronic funds withdrawl is for? Respectfully, who doesn't use or have a personal bank account with this as an option? What advantage is your bank for this? Seriously?

Originally structured for HRA's where the employer could not directly pay for premiums. From there you are right,yes just a bank account at the core of it, ever try to cross sell and end up with 5 or 6 different charges? Sometimes that can hinder/prevent the sale from being made. This allows us to overcome that hurdle and the clients don't have to manage or see a half dozen auto-drafts.

Ryan, again respectfully brother - what is the difference? A bank account is a bank account is a bank account, and if they don't fund it, who cares if there is one or six drafts...the drafts are taken anyway. I don't get what advantage your bank account brings to anybody..Its just another bank account being drafted. Why can't they set up a separate bank account on their own for insurance if they want to. Again, what is the big deal? In an age of compressed commissions cut in half im not dicking around with setting up a separate insurance bank account for anybody. Are you kidding me? How are we going to increase our production doing SHIAT like this? I'm clueless why anybody dicks with this shiat.

Last edited:
They can have their payments drafted weekly with this service. If you have a lot of low income clients, that could be useful. Depending on how much access he has to their information, it could be an easier way to track monthly premium payments.

There are some real advantages for the agent with this thing, but how easy is it to get people to use it?

They can have their payments drafted weekly with this service. If you have a lot of low income clients, that could be useful. Depending on how much access he has to their information, it could be an easier way to track monthly premium payments.

There are some real advantages for the agent with this thing, but how easy is it to get people to use it?

Tons of advantages. They agree to allow us to manage account for them and because I'm controlling monthly drafts through our service if they want to cancel a policy, or modify something they have no choice but to contact our office. While most clients already do this we all know that some clients will call carriers directly and cancel.

Getting people to sign up is all in the presentation IMO, it's sold for the ease of use and if explained properly I have personally had every client I've presented it to accept the service. It's rather newly developed (only 25 people on it) and 18 are employees for a couple small companies. But so far it's been working great. I'm not sure how big we will grow it but it's a self-sustaining program for me and can possibly offer me a slight additional income at some point.

I'm currently working on making it able to be set up through an e-signature process which should make this significantly easier to use for my agents.

I cant think of one person I work with who would do this...I must either be very stupid (possible) or missing something. Anyway, good luck with this.

To each their own. Works great for us & clients are using and happy with. End of the day that's all I care about. We have Wealthy clients and young lower income clients wanting this service. If you don't separate your agency from the rest you'll be separated from your clients right?

Back