Individual Health TeleSales

TBG

Does anyone know of a health product that is NOT guaranteed issue that can be sold strictly telephonically WITHOUT co-browsing? I'm looking for the product type and company name. If you have to email docs prior to voice or electronic signature, let me know.

If you are doing this in your call center, I am just looking to see if it is feasible. I have a compliance person telling me it is not - I believe it is due to how they have the application filed with DOI. Just interested in knowing it can be done - with proof. Then I can jump through the hoops of pushing to have the app re-filed.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Okay...so I know there are agents doing this. I just need some examples - you can PM me. I have plenty of people who tell me yes, but when I ask for examples, they are guaranteed issue policies or non-health.

Any help out there?

The agent is completing the application for the person while the person can see it on their computer monitor. While I understand it conceptually, I can't see that many people on the phone hopping over to the computer to do it.

That said, I'm being told by the carrier that is the only way to sell it over the phone even though the call is recorded and there is voice signature. The applicant must SEE the app and their answers before signature. I believe this is not the case for all telesales, but I am having trouble getting non-guaranteed issue examples.

So you are saying that "a carrier" says the applicant must physically see the paper application, that they can't do a webinar is that what you are saying? If so, which carrier?

No, they CAN do a webinar (actually, "must"). The consumer has to see the application (paper or online) - not just answer the questions read to them.

This is a Hospital Indemnity plan, modified guaranteed issue. It is a tiny carrier in Michigan that I would rather not post just yet.

Do reps do applications over the phone without the client "seeing" it live either webinar or paper? All the time.

I suppose the carrier you are referring to might make that their rules...they can do that but as far as I know it's not an insurance regulation that the client see a "live" application in process.

BCBSIA allows it but, the applicant must sign and send in a separate paper form that is coded to the application before the contact can be issued.

Latest posts

Back