Individual Health with GI Life

Graham

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Michigan
I have been with HealthPlus a regional carrier in MI for about 6 months now and have just pushed our individual health product out statewide (including child only policies). One of the things I have been loking at for next year is making a small GI life policy available to those approved for health. Would this be something of interest or have any traction? Any feedback would be appreciated.

The problem with them is that they are too expensive compared to what's available with a standalone product, in general. And once the health coverage goes away, the life also disappears. The only thing they can be useful for is, well, not much really. If they die with it in force, but that's the same for a standalone policy, as well. It's just that with all the changes, people will be switching and dropping health coverage like mad, so it's probably not the best idea for your clients to have their life coverage tied to their health.

Generally speaking, you will find a standalone product is better for everyone involved. More coverage, lower cost, coverage for longer, etc...

i agree on Greg's opinion , you can do it if you want as long as it is affordable because you can't attract customer if they can't afford the plan you to consider it.

Back