Individual Sales Slowing Down?

ABC

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have had a huge slow down on individual sales. I am still talking to the same amount of people but it seems everyone is broke.

Anyone else seeing this trend?

I have had a huge slow down on individual sales. I am still talking to the same amount of people but it seems everyone is broke.

It depends on how you get you're leads I suppose.

If you're mainly speaking to the typical internet lead who has been uninsured for over 6 months, I could see the slowdown....

According to Obama, the economy is on the mend and insurance costs are lower.

Maybe you have forgotten how to sell.:laugh:

Rick

Half of my indy sales come from my website. I generate about 12-20 indy leads a week. Of those about 5 of them are what I would call good leads. Family, over 30, low health conditions, realistic expectations and not broke. For the last 2 months everyone has been broke.

My other indy sales come from referrals and they are just OK right now.

Half of my indy sales come from my website. I generate about 12-20 indy leads a week.

So that's what? 1-2 sales a week?

And the other sales are referrals?

Maybe you should consider a more robust marketing strategy?

September 2010 is appears to be one of the best months of this year. Our agency uses in-house telemarketers to target sole-proprietor business owners who only have insurance on their families.. not groups.

Because of the really slow economy, we're directing our telemarketers to steer away from people who do not have insurance. But small business owners who have health insurance are seeing some major price increases from the largest Insurers. We specialize in lower-profile, financially strong carriers and high deductible policies with add-ons that negate the deductible in case of injury or serious illness. The overall premium savings is significant. The new ACA mandated preventive benefits is a big contributor to closing the sale as well. -Allen

I'm in the same boat, and it's beginning to take on water.
People are broke, uninsurable, confused, and pissed off. My critical illness and disability sales are up though.

Also, underwriting has become tight as a drum lately.

Back