Insphere Insurance Solutions. Any Info About Career ?

Re: Any Info About Insphere Insurance Solutions Career?

I'll comment on "managers make $150k." Unless your manager is going to be paying your household bills it's irrelevant what he/she makes.

It's like saying you want to get into the computer business because Bill Gates is a billionaire and his top software designers make $300K. In the meantime you went to the "South Kentucky Computer Software School" and are making $11/hr.

So my obvious point it is doesn't matter what the regional, district or division managers make. It doesn't matter if the guy next to you is making six figures writing 8 apps a week. It only matters what you're making.

"But remember health is going to be crap after September 23rd 2010 since all limitations are gone off all plans. So there going to look identical, and probably be as much crap as a discount plan..."

Speaking of discounts....I have also discounted this guy's entire post.

The last place any agent wants to be moving closer to 2011 is with a captive health insurance company. You also want to make sure your commissions are not assigned.

Go find your glasses Arn, then try again.

Unless I'm mistaken the entry level GR comp for InSphere is just over 10%. Yes, with bonuses it could be more but from what I've seen that's the base. What will that base comp be after Jan 1st 2011? I wouldn't want to be around with them to find out. Just my opinion.

When I stated that health insurance was going to be crap after September 23rd, I meant with a captive agency such as Insphere. Such as in Massachusetts no matter what premium your writing the compensation is $5 dollars a month, God help us if it gets that bad anywhere else.

Also Update
All health plans from Mega, Midwest & Chesapeake will be discontinued starting June 7th, except for PPO & Catastrophic plans.

I met with my local Insphere agency manager and five other interested parties yesterday, and committed to a 1:1 interview next week. I came on-line to educate myself for the 1:1 and lucked into this thread.

Since the last post here, they appear to have added ING and AARP to their list. They told us we couldn't sell AARP until we were in for 3 years, which bummed me out since that is my age bracket and would be a good peer-level niche.

I have no sales experience whatsoever, although I know group benefits inside out from the employer/ human resources/ outsourcing perspective. Flags: I responded to an ad for a Benefits Consultant. When I was emailed for the initial interview, I was told to bring my resume at that time instead of emailing it ahead. I asked to be sent a link about the company which was ignored, and I specified I was not interested in commission sales, which was also ignored.

I know the companies they are representing for the most part, and the group packages they provide are top notch. That, coupled with their comment that they provide leads for free, made me want to give Insphere a second look.

They definitely stress how much money you could make "helping people out." An example was used for a $300/month single health plan. The advance would be equal to 9 mos of commission within two weeks of the sale, or $1800. The renewal would be credited to me for ten years. If the client were to cancel after a few months, the advance would be taken out of the renewals, not immediately paid back or taken from the next advance. The additional commissions and bonuses were attractive, and the stock is "free" in that you don't pay for it. With 10-year vesting, it's also a long time before you see any of it and just looks like a carrot to me.

It's odd to me that there are no territories with them, which means I could approach the same people who told my co-worker to pound sand just last week. Their training looks extensive and support ongoing.

I'm leaning away from keeping my next appointment in view of what I've read here - you experienced people are providing a real service for someone like me who is thinking about career switching.

One last thing: the agency manager I spoke to yesterday was vehement that the "Obama plan is wrong!" but conceded that it would be very good for his agents. What should prospective agents make from that?

One of the Insphere agents in the UHC webinar today said "what's a HIPAA app?"....good thing it was a webinar and not in person.

Back