Interested in this AEP buzz that goes around

Great advice.

Why start each year at the same place you started last year?

Go get some renewals.

Selling a low commission product with low persistency that pays low renewals isn't an easy path to financial success.

The next step in the progression might be either LTC or estate planning. Although there is no reason you have to take that step.

You could make a good stable income with the right mix of FE and Medicare products. Or just Medicare products.
I would second the LTCi as something worthwhile to at least investigate. I saw a very interesting bit of information buried in an article in that forum.

LTCi was horrible for me when I tried it back in 2009. I would not recommend it but to each their own. I’m glad I don’t have to look at it with seniors anymore. Two different markets IMO

What Chaz said.

1. Learn one thing at a time
2. LTC approval over age 60 is tough, at best
3. Anyone buying FE isn't going to have the cash to buy LTC, too. Totally different set of people.

I also agree with the two previous comments. LTCi is an important risk management tool, but it can be a tough sale. Many carriers have been exiting the market over the past few years on the stand alone LTC products. The industry seems to be shifting more towards asset-based LTC products pairing life and annuities with LTC coverage. In my experience, LTC becomes easier to discuss with a client in a financial planning context. Probably not the FE market, but still could be part of the Med Supp market.

I agree. The markets for LTC and estate planning have virtually no overlap with FE. I was just outlining a possible career progression. FE to Medicare to a higher income market.

Medicare could be the bridge that helps the OP move to a more lucrative market.

At least in theory. I have sold very little LTC myself. (I've done no estate planning). But some of my clients do ask about higher face amount life, LTC and annuities.

I basically take what falls in my lap.

So far I've been happy hitting a lot of singles, but some agents enjoy swinging for the fences.

Last edited:
It's been over 48 hours and nobody has made a sarcastic remark?

Somarco must be busy with football. Let me fill in.

Those soups are delicious. I'd sell them too if they were accepted by our DOI.

soup-nazi-1.jpg

Here’s a quick rundown.
I’ve been selling FE for 2 years.
Stopped my leads in September/ October due to burnout.
Going to start, slowly, back into the business.
I feel like I’m missing out on commissions and helping out more families not incorporating any Med soups / med advantage.
Going to get my health Liscence if it makes sense.

What I’m looking for.
An experienced agent / trainer who can walk me through all the med advantage / med sup training and advice I need. I’m In PA

Hope to hear some good news.

Thanks in advance.
KSutton

Shoot me a PM when you get a chance. Might have some good info for you.

You don't need to know anything about Medicare if you just sell Plan F. Selling Plan G is a little more difficult. You have to remember $183. Now you are trained. Get licensed and sell!
How about product pricing?

Back