Interview with Family Heritage

FH markets the products in several ways and each group can decide based on the market/candidate which is best. Most people are taught to cold call residentially first because this is the best way to get in front of many people quickly. A new agent can come out of training and make $1000 a week by selling a policy a day. B2B is a harder sale which I personally train once someone can sell well residentially. Ultimately the goal is to develop a referral based business which is by appointment only.

I imagine we know many of the same people.

Last edited:
MisterRandy- you have some valid points. It's a very specific type of insurance and can be seen as a sales job. In fact, I'd bet that FHL agents are some of the best trained sales professionals. Your typical insurance agent is more of an order taker. Just to clarify, I'm not a director and work with a small agency. I prefer to worry about selling and not so much into babysitting people who need their hand held so they'll go to work. To address your opinion on door knocking- it's not for everyone. But here's the thing, I interview many ex-insurance folks and they usually have 3 common dissatisfactions in their current situation 1- unpaid commissions or changing commission structure 2- hard underwriting that makes it difficult to write business and 3- bad leads. They aren't getting enough quality leads to sell enough business to survive. And since no one taught them how to prospect, they don't know what to do. I don't door knock more than 3-5 hours a week residentially. I do that to keep people in my pipeline. I spend about 5-7 hours cold calling businesses. Here's the deal, I have no advertising budget. I have no office rent or equipment to rent. I have no secretaries to pay. My expenses are tiny compared to most insurance folks. So what that means is I get to make a good income and keep it for my family. And the stock option scheme your talking about, that ended 2 years ago with the buyout. And I was pretty excited about what my options paid me. FHL is giving away $1.5M in TMK stock this year. Not options but stock. They have an uncapped monthly cash bonus for sales as well. So instead of sharing your misinformed opinion, why don't you allow people interested in FH decide for themselves. Even if it's not your ideal career, it's a career none the less which is better than staying home collecting Obamabenefits. Take care

In fact, I'd bet that FHL agents are some of the best trained sales professionals.

I would unequivocally agree. The best salespeople I've ever met are either bookmen and/or Combined agents. FHL sales culture is actually a perfect combination of the two.

[

Last edited:
Back