Introduction from an Artificial Intelligence expert

daviddlewis

Hi - Random consumer here (homeowner and small scale real estate investor). Just joined to ask a question about homeowners insurance. I'm an expert in artificial intelligence, and happy to answer any questions about that in return for help.

Regards, Dave

Huh - I had actually posted the question first, but I must have done it before confirming my account. I'll repost.

Huh - I had actually posted the question first, but I must have done it before confirming my account. I'll repost.
Seriously (that was a joke to Mark), I hope that you get your question answered because I'd be really interested as to your opinion on AI writing website content for technical fields like insurance.

I've seen some AI produced web content (and even music!) on some sites and the writing is becoming indistinguishable from a human.

How long do you think it will take for AI to write articles that sound human-generated in a technical field where the writer relies more on expertise than their writing ability?

AI tools could easily be built, and probably are already in use, that could write fluent, but low quality web content pieces. (Similar to what low paid writers produce for content farms.) There's lots of discussions on the web about GPT-3, which has been used to generate fluent text given a prompt.

Writing high quality material is beyond current technology. By "high quality" I mean pulling together just the most important and relevant information, drawing connections between those pieces of information, providing meaningful examples or metaphors, or any of the other things that would make us recommend a piece of writing to someone else.

AI tools could easily be built, and probably are already in use, that could write fluent, but low quality web content pieces. (Similar to what low paid writers produce for content farms.) There's lots of discussions on the web about GPT-3, which has been used to generate fluent text given a prompt.

Writing high quality material is beyond current technology. By "high quality" I mean pulling together just the most important and relevant information, drawing connections between those pieces of information, providing meaningful examples or metaphors, or any of the other things that would make us recommend a piece of writing to someone else.
Thanks!

When do you think AI will be able to do what you outlined in your last paragraph.

Also, if you post your homeowners question in the p&c forum, you'll probably get a quick answer.

Very hard to predict! More than 30 years and less than 300 years, I'd guess. Current AI techniques are very superficial. In particular, they are very good at mimicking common patterns in language, but don't do any actual understanding or reasoning.

I did indeed post my question in the P&C forum (and maybe in another one by accident - I find the site a bit confusing):

https://insurance-forums.com/commun...if-wouldnt-rebuild-house-the-same-way.102746/

and got a couple of responses.

Wait you are an AI expert and you find this site confusing?

I have a couple websites. I find SEO a little confusing.

But seriously. You claim to be an AI guru and find this confusing. Gonna nope out of there

From what I have read, AI content can be quite good from a factual perspective, but it lacks human emotion to pull in and hold the attention of readers.

I think the stuff I read was written by bots . . .

terminator-lead-850x600.jpg

Back