Is It Possible to Sell Med Supp Part Time?

good point...a lot of the turning 65ers that I talk to are still working and I've had some evening phone appointments.
When I started I would door knock a t-65 list all day on Saturdays.

Just put the list through a route optimizer and go go go!

Of course that's a no no for MA!

When I started I would door knock a t-65 list all day on Saturdays.

Just put the list through a route optimizer and go go go!

Of course that's a no no for MA!

Although technically legal to do for med supps, it's a dicey game to go D2D for Medicare T65s.

My advice would be something similar to what Fortune says if u wanna take that job.... Call west coast for med supp replacement in the evenings (your time). Just don't call CA, no good med supp ppl here, horrible place to call... Try Nevada, AZ & Oregon.

Although technically legal to do for med supps, it's a dicey game to go D2D for Medicare T65s.

Yeah I happened to knock on a door of another Medicare agent one day. He threatened to report me the "authorities." I was too scared to knock again for about a week. Nothing came of it though.

Soon after that incident, I discovered you could sell over the phone in other areas where MA was scarce.

What about T-65's? Aren't a lot of them still working during the day?

Can't say.

Most of my prospects are T65. They find my site during the day. Take my phone calls during the day and call me back. We also exchange emails during the day.

Sometimes I end up talking to them at night or weekend, but most of the time everything is handled during daytime hours.

My first (and only) call to prospects is never at night. When possible I try to call them a few days after their visit, around the same time they were on my site.

Although technically legal to do for med supps, it's a dicey game to go D2D for Medicare T65s. My advice would be something similar to what Fortune says if u wanna take that job.... Call west coast for med supp replacement in the evenings (your time). Just don't call CA, no good med supp ppl here, horrible place to call... Try Nevada, AZ & Oregon.

I don't do it very often, but last year I did some t65 door knocks and sold a Medsupp and 100k annuity to a guy. So, it can be worth the time.

I'm a bit confused (as usual). After only one year selling supps part time the expectation is to be able to quit a $50K job.

So why not sell full time and replace that $50K income within 4-6 months?

If you don't have the confidence and/or finances to do this full time I don't see it working part time.

I would rather use supp sales to add to the job's income. Maybe door knock on Saturdays? If the job was swing shift then fine. But to tie up 5 days all day won't allow for sales success.

Rick

Back