Is pre-diabetes the same as diabetes on an underwritten Sup

junkman

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'm mostly retired but a friend is getting squeezed on G Sup premium and wants to rewrite it. One of the health questions combines diabetes with a stroke. If he ever had a stroke and has diabetes, then auto decline.

He had a stroke upwards of 15 years ago and has not had anything else stroke related at all since then. His fasting glucose is slightly above normal ie 100 is max normal and he's been at 110. His doc said to watch and do nothing now. His A1C test taken at his request not doc's recommendation came back at 5.8 which is technically pre-diabetic.

Can he answer "No" to having had a stroke and receiving treatment for diabetes?

I'm mostly retired but a friend is getting squeezed on G Sup premium and wants to rewrite it. One of the health questions combines diabetes with a stroke. If he ever had a stroke and has diabetes, then auto decline.

He had a stroke upwards of 15 years ago and has not had anything else stroke related at all since then. His fasting glucose is slightly above normal ie 100 is max normal and he's been at 110. His doc said to watch and do nothing now. His A1C test taken at his request not doc's recommendation came back at 5.8 which is technically pre-diabetic.

Can he answer "No" to having had a stroke and receiving treatment for diabetes?
I've been told by an underwriter that pre-diabetes is diabetes. I think it varies by company.

I was told I was pre-diabetic about 7 years ago...now I'm not.

Try Humana. I had them take a lady with diabetes and a stent.

Read the health questions on several Med Sup apps and go with one that he fits best with. I think you can likely get that case approved. Some sup companies will be much stricter on ht-wt if they have any form of diabetes so that could be another issue if weight is an issue.

Back