Is prospecting dead?

I’m not a fan of social media leads or remote appointments at all. The insurance industry has always been 20 years behind the rest of the world and it will remain.

If you have cash, just use direct mail. Direct mail makes the world go round in F2F insurance sales.

That's really old school.

Do newspapers still print wedding & birth announcements?

I know they still have obit's but that probably isn't a good prospecting resource . . .

Lol.

Yes, it is old school because he asked about "before"

Many counties now have very easy ways to pull up new marriages & birth records online. Voter registration records are also very easy & cheap.

But the real issue after getting the info is how in the world to make contact with so many not having home phones.

Fast people search.com is very good source to find contact info including cell #s, relatives, etc......but got to check the do not call registry

That's really old school.

Do newspapers still print wedding & birth announcements?

I know they still have obit's but that probably isn't a good prospecting resource . . .

Vermont Granite Headstones
Vermont Granite Benches at foot of grave
Vermont Granite Grave or Gravesite Covers

Vermont Granite Headstones
Vermont Granite Benches at foot of grave
Vermont Granite Grave or Gravesite Covers
I can remember back in the old days there were a few agents that prospected in the cemetery during a contest. You only had to submit $1 with the app on a monthly direct bill(before EFT), because the rest was yours. Then the policy would lapse after they got their prize. :laugh:

Last edited:
I can remember back in the old days there were a few agents that prospected in the cemetery during a contest. You only had to submit $1 with the app on a monthly direct bill(before EFT), because the rest was yours. Then the policy would lapse after they got there prize. :laugh:
Great story!

Back